Huge book sale this weekend

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Jim Morton

Huge book sale this weekend

Postby Jim Morton » September 2nd, 2010, 2:46 pm

Hi everyone!
I am getting to ready to move out of the country and I have whittled my book collection down to only those books that I regularly use (the proverbial five-foot shelf). I am selling everything else, and there are some really great books in this collection. I've priced them all according to what I think they are worth. Some of the most expensive books I am selling at substantial discounts. You can see the complete list here. I am also selling many lectures notes and back issues of magazines (although there are a few I plan to keep). I will have the open house from 10 to 3 on Friday and Saturday at 40 Sheridan (near 9th and Folsom),in San Francisco. If you wish to contact me, please either send me a message here or send me a letter at jimmorton(at)gmx.com, and I will send you my phone number. To answer in advance, I HATE dealing with the post office, so if you want me to mail you something, tack $25 onto the price of shipping.

jason0389

Re: Huge book sale this weekend

Postby jason0389 » September 2nd, 2010, 6:50 pm

I've sent you a message via PM.

Jim Morton

Postby Jim Morton » September 2nd, 2010, 7:00 pm

Richard let me know that I need to add my address (already in there) and phone number. 415-218-8274. If I don't answer, leave your number and I'll call back. Promise.

Michel Andenmatten

Postby Michel Andenmatten » September 3rd, 2010, 12:50 am

Jim, I have sent you an e-mail.

-Michel

Rennie

Postby Rennie » September 3rd, 2010, 10:44 am

Jim,
Though I live close by, I never go to S.F. So thought I may buy some and have them shipped. However you stated, "so if you want me to mail you something, tack $25 onto the price of shipping"
That is a little or should I say a lot HIGH!
Media mail usually runs around $2.00-$3.00 per book.
Any chance you would reconsider?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

Jim Morton

Postby Jim Morton » September 4th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Rennie, look at it this way: the high price of the handling is because because I hate dealing with that stuff (shipping). The low price of the books is because I hate dealing with THAT stuff (haggling). Most people find they cancel each other out. I have a friend who ships things regularly (which I don't) and is going to help me deal with that, although it means everything will go UPS instead of Media Mail, so it will be a wash there to.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 4th, 2010, 3:30 pm

Jim is free to charge whatever he wants for the shipping, just as you are free to either buy or not buy based upon the amount of the charge.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”