Remembering Roger Klause - My father

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Magic daughter

Remembering Roger Klause - My father

Postby Magic daughter » August 30th, 2010, 7:32 pm

Hello Magic Men, my name is Shari Klause. I am the daughter of Roger Klause... And today is the Second anniversary of his passing.

I wanted to remember him in a special way... So, I thought I would register on Genii and tell all of you how much he meant to me and my family. I loved and admired him more than even he knew. We were very close and I made it my priority to attend as many magic events as I could. I loved watching him perform. He would leave me and his audience begging for more, and his technique was one of perfection.
He spent most of his life perfecting his art form, but as much as he loved to perform, he equally enjoyed sharing his secrets and learning from many of you.

I just wanted to thank you for your friendship to my father and ask you to keep him in your hearts. It has been two years since he left us and yet it seems like yesterday.

I grew up in the wonderful world of magic and I feel blessed to have been a part of something so special. My father loved Magic and the brotherhood of magicians that he called family.

So today, keep my family in your prayers and remember the Great Roger Klause. You knew him as a wonderful man and fellow magician, I knew him as my father, my friend... and we shared this in common, we were each others biggest fan.

I love you dad and miss you everyday.
Your daughter,Shari Klause

gberard

Re: Remembering Roger Klause - My father

Postby gberard » August 30th, 2010, 8:16 pm

Shari,

I never met you but I did meet and spend time with your father and your mother. Roger taught me a lot and he was a joy to be around as was your mother, Wanda.

I miss Roger but I will carry with me many fond memories of time spent with him during my formative years in magic.

So sorry for your loss,
Gary Berard

magicalt

Postby magicalt » August 30th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Shari your father will always be with us in memory we here in El Paso regulary share stories about him at our meetings.

luigimar

Postby luigimar » August 31st, 2010, 12:27 am

Shari,

I've only been to 5 magic conventions in my life. The only international convention I went to was the TAOM convention in Forth Worth Texas in 1997. I had the chance to go there and I did it because I wanted to meet Roger Clause in person. I admire him and meeting him is one of magic's highlights in my life. I treasure those memories and the photos I have with him.

I know what it feels like not to have one's father with us (I lost mine 4 and a half years ago, two days before Alex Elmsley passed, in January 2006) and I share your feelings of missing him a lot.

We all miss him and he is always in our prayers. God bless your family and live a magical life always.

luigimar
luigimar

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 31st, 2010, 3:58 pm

Roger was on of the early influences in forming what is now called the World Magic Seminar. He has been truly missed and hopefully those now in charge will not forget his contributions.

Shari, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Stay tooned.

Terry

Postby Terry » August 31st, 2010, 5:29 pm

Roger was always a gentleman and a class act.

Magic daughter

Postby Magic daughter » August 31st, 2010, 5:42 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Shari

Magic daughter

Postby Magic daughter » August 31st, 2010, 6:17 pm

Thank you for sharing your memories of my father. I know he was a strong and positive influence on many magicians. He offered the world of magic to anyone that treasured the art as he did. He put his heart and soul into his craft and he shared it with the world, and when his time on this earth was at its end, he told me that he had lived an amazing life and had no regrets.

I am sorry for the loss of your father.

God bless you and your family...And, I live as my father did...magically!

Shari

Magic daughter

Postby Magic daughter » August 31st, 2010, 6:18 pm

Yes he was..

Thank you for your kind words.

Shari

Magic daughter

A tribute to my father - Roger Klause

Postby Magic daughter » August 31st, 2010, 7:04 pm

Hello again, it is Shari Klause.

Yesterday, I wrote a 2 year tribute to my father.I told my mother about it and she asked me if I had sent the letter I wrote just days before he passed. I told her, no, I had not. She said, your father loved that letter and it should be shared with his friends... So, today, I pray you will indulge me with another. A week before he passed I wrote a tribute to him. I wanted him to know how much I loved and admired him. Lance Pierce was by his side and read it to him. Here is the letter.

A TRIBUTE TO MY FATHER

I remember many things about my father, but none plays in my mind like the memories of when I was a little girl and my father would practice his magic in front of me. He would ask shacredis; that is what he called me. He would perform a hidden scarf, coin in the cup or linking ring trick and he would ask me, how was that little girl, I would always reply the same way, I love it, it was fantastic! Or simply, Wow!

My father has always been a loving man. He loves his wife and children and he made it his lifes work to provide us with the best life he could. He is a brilliant man, everything he did in life; he did with a smile and a positive attitude. He was a great salesman, always number one in the company. He is an amazing magician. He has been referred by many as a legend in his field. He is also known as a very generous man, willing to help a new magician with his technique, and my father never met a stranger, he has many friends and fans around the world. He has performed magic for celebrities, he has dined at their homes and MCd their acts, but to him they are friends known as the Brotherhood of Magicians a group of friends my father holds near and dear to his heart. My father loves Magic and all its fantasia.

My father is a perfectionist in every respect of the word. He takes pride in his appearance known to most as a suave well dressed gentleman. He is also very funny always willing to share a good joke. Or enact a prank on an unsuspecting magician.

I grew up watching this magical man perfect his talent. I was so blessed to share such an amazing and beautiful secret with my father, for I knew the truth behind each trick. I remember sitting in the audience listening to the oohs and ahhs coming form the dumbfounded crowd and I would sit so proud knowing that the man in the black tux was my father. I watched time and time again watching as he fooled the men and shocked the women. How the crowd would watch in disbelief, as he changed a $5 bill into a $100 or how the linking rings would just fall apart, or how their card would magically appear. He spent many hours perfecting his trade and would offer its secrets to a chosen few.

He kept audiences captivated with his every move, and here is how it felt to me;
Its something they had never seen before,
a magicians new act, the latest sensation.
But it was clear the audience certainly wanted more.
The audience had no idea what was in store
for them, as a wheeled box was pushed to its station.
Its something they had never seen before.
The assistant stepped out onto the stage floor
as the box was opened, beckoning her to her next location.
But it was clear the audience certainly wanted more by their fixated stares.
The assistant stepped in, and the magician shut the door. The audience whispered with anticipation its something they had never seen before. A puff of smoke, a sudden movement and a loud roar and the box was gone, off to a new destination.
But it was clear the audience certainly wanted more by their astounded faces and cheers for an encore. The wild screams a clear sign of their elation.
Its something they had never seen before,
but it was clear the audience wanted more.

My father like a great chef leaves you hungry for more...

My father is a genius, a man of many talents, he is an artist, a calligrapher, a writer, a lecturer, and a professor of the craft he loves the most, a title that few hold. He has spent the last 50 years creating a legend, a journey that most would envy. He has shared his life with his beautiful wife, Wanda, always by his side cheering him on each time he took the stage. She is his inspiration, his touch stone, and his reason for living. They have been together for over 50 years, and were child hood sweethearts. My father shared a story of how he was in a bowling alley and looked across the room and saw my beautiful mother, he told his friend, see that girl, I am going to marry her, It was love at first sight and still today when they look into each others eyes, no words need be spoken it is certain they will live in each others hearts forever. My mother and father are truly soul mates with a love that is immeasurable. It is like a secret club that only the two of them belong to. They share a bond that is unbreakable, and will last an eternity.

My father lives his life each day to its fullest. He has traveled the world, has many wonderful friends, a loving wife and four adoring children, and when his time on this earth is at its end, he will be missed and mourned by those who had the pleasure of knowing this amazing man that will live in the hearts of us all, But, I just know him as my father and will always remember the man that taught me that life is a wonderful playground and all around me is magic!

To my father Roger Klause. From your biggest fan, your daughter, Shari

Thank you for allowing us to remember Roger, a loving husband and father who lived a magical life!

We dedicate this letter to the Brotherhood of Magicians.

Shari, Kevin and Wanda

luigimar

Re: A tribute to my father - Roger Klause

Postby luigimar » August 31st, 2010, 8:56 pm

Shari,

Just beautiful (with tears in my eyes)...
luigimar

Return to “General”