Yes, a move

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
David Regal

Yes, a move

Postby David Regal » July 18th, 2010, 1:07 pm

Andi Gladwin convinced me to be part of a direct download by contributing a move of mine (he contributed a move, too). I know, I know...I don't typically put out a "move," and I don't hang out in dark corners with "The Move Guys," but this one has a lot of applications, and hey, seeing what it looks like is FREE:

The Illegal Turn Control

David Regal

Re: Yes, a move

Postby David Regal » July 18th, 2010, 1:11 pm

If the move doesn't amuse you, I suggest you watch the "Charlie Bit My Finger" video on YouTube:

Charlie Bit My Finger

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 18th, 2010, 1:32 pm

Any relationship here to the "Shinobi Control" from Theory 11?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ELu6a3nwfE

I see (or think I see) somewhat similar mechanics here, though I could be totally mistaken.

Just picked up a copy of your book Approaching Magic which I thought was excellent.

David Regal

Postby David Regal » July 18th, 2010, 1:50 pm

Mistaken - a different swindle! Also, with The Illegal Turn Control the performer never sees the face of the selection.

Thanks for getting my book and I'm very glad you like it.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 18th, 2010, 1:58 pm

I see what you mean. Watched yours once or twice more and it's clearly a different mechanic.

Looks quite convincing and is pleasingly discrepant.

David Regal

Postby David Regal » July 18th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Thank you. It's called "Illegal" for a reason. It shouldn't work, but it does.

Paul Green

Postby Paul Green » July 20th, 2010, 9:13 am

Hi Everyone,

David showed this to me recently at the Magic Castle. After putting him under "Citizen's Arrest", I had to admit that the move really works. It is illegal, but it feels so good!

Respectfully,

Paul (incarcerated) Green

Bob Cunningham

Postby Bob Cunningham » July 20th, 2010, 5:01 pm

I just downloaded "The Illegal Turn Control" and I wanted to compliment the producers on a reasonable approach to Digital Rights Management.

When you purchase the video, your name is unobtrusively embedded in the video. You maintain control over the video you have purchased. You can play it on any device capable of playing a QuickTime movie. The developer can track illegal distribution because your name is embedded in the video.

I am very comfortable with this balanced approach to protecting the interests of the content developer and the consumer.

DrDanny

Postby DrDanny » July 20th, 2010, 7:16 pm

I've commented here before with exactly the same sentiment: Andi/Josh (or their webmaster) is to be commended for this sensible approach. I detest quicktime, but there's an alternative:
I highly recommend VLC (from videolan.org) as a player application available on Windows and linux.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » July 21st, 2010, 11:17 am

I feel we have a tretise on just turn over the card in the making here - as we almost had on the self levitation a few years ago which by rights really should have been a small book entitled something like "step on this" or perhaps "don't let go of the blanky".

;)
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

David Regal

Postby David Regal » July 21st, 2010, 11:26 am

<<...the self levitation a few years ago which by rights really should have been a small book entitled something like "step on this" or perhaps "don't let go of the blanky".>>

But it's hard to charge two hundred dollars for something called "Don't Let Go of the Blanky." Maybe "The Undeniable Shroud?" or "The Unearthly Veil?"

kevin fortin

Postby kevin fortin » December 18th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Mr. Regal, tbh from the promo video I thought your move was more clear and convincing than Mr. Gladwin's.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”