Chu's magic studio

Discuss the historical aspects of magic, including memories, or favorite stories.
Dale Shrimpton

Chu's magic studio

Postby Dale Shrimpton » July 6th, 2010, 10:18 am

Does anybody know if there is anywhere on line, that lists , or at least shows some of the clasic, and collectable items that used to be put out by Chu's magic Studio?
I have some pieces, and i would like to find out more about them. The items i have, are their visible die vanish, and two of their slates.( In the original cream box that i bought them in)
Considering the quality of these items, there seems to be very little on line.

Terry

Re: Chu's magic studio

Postby Terry » July 6th, 2010, 8:59 pm

I remember their catalogs/price lists were done on tissue paper.

Raleigh

Postby Raleigh » July 7th, 2010, 12:20 am

I have always loved the Chu's stuff . If interested check out my site and search Chu's @ RaleighVintageMagic.com

Dale Shrimpton

Postby Dale Shrimpton » July 7th, 2010, 9:25 am

The visible die vanish, is in the middle of this group.

It came from Hamleys magic department, many years ago.My parents bought it for me one christmas.:)
I had several other bits of Chu over the years. They used to do a nice set of Blanz glasses, and the Stung card. Shown on Raleghs site.Nearly everything was packed in some good strong boxes covered with red, and black faux leather stuff.

And those mystery slates....

I have two, but they were never sold in a pair. I happened to get on well with the guys in the department, and managed to be there on the last day of trading.
:)

This was well before Marvins moved in. The magic department back then was a wonderfull place to hang out in.

Return to “Magic History and Anecdotes”