MINDvention update & Schedule

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
Danny Archer

MINDvention update & Schedule

Postby Danny Archer » October 29th, 2009, 2:00 pm

I know I said the last update was the last update, but I was wrong... this is the last update (I hope) Circumstances beyond their control have forced Joe Atmore (he has to leave the country) and Berk Eratay (he cant get into the country) to miss presenting at MINDvention. They will both be missed and we hope they will be able to return to a future convention.

Both attendee shows are fully booked, thanks to all those who have agreed to share their talents.

Thanks to eagle-eyed Eric Samuel he posted on the Caf The Palace Station has just cut room rates for Nov 8-11. If you are already booked, you may be able to save some fairly significant $$$, and/or upgrade to their better rooms at the same price, by re-booking (even through a 3rd party site) If you call Palace Station directly, use code PZZ194, or if you book on-line, the lower rates should simply show, without the need for the code.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... 7&forum=15

I have adjusted the schedule as below. I am not saying this is the final schedule as my predictive abilities are not what they once were. Keep reading after the schedule as there are also a few other late announcements. Travel well and I am looking forward to seeing you all in about ten days.

Peace,

Danny Archer

PS GO PHILLIES!

2009 MINDvention Schedule of Events

Sunday 8th

Noon Registration Opens

1:00 Attendee Show

2:15 Panel Discussion Out of Your Mind

Creating and Presenting a Mentalism Show

4:30 Jim Callahan- Mentalism Tools & Techniques

6:00 Dinner Break

7:30 Alain Nu Lecture

9:30 Christopher Carter Show

Monday 9th

11:00 AM Devin Knight Lecture

12:30 Lunch/Dealers

2:00 Larry Becker Interview

4:00 Panel Discussion Lessons Learned as a Mind-Reader

Banachek, Nyman, Carter & Cassidy

6:00 Dinner Break/Dealers

8:00 Andy Nyman Lecture

Tuesday 10th

11:00 AM Bob Cassidy Lecture

12:30 Lunch/Dealers

2:00 International Attendee Show

4:00 Max Maven Lecture

6:00 Dinner Break

8:00 Masters of Mentalism Show

Schedule/performers subject to change

We have a great dealers room jam packed with the latest books, props and gimmicks Please support these guys who work hard to make you look amazing

2009 MINDvention Dealer Room Schedule

Sunday 8th

Noon 4:30 PM

6:00 PM 9:00 PM

Monday 9th

12:30 AM - 4:00 PM

5:30 PM 9:30 PM

Tuesday 10th

12:30 AM - 4:00 PM

6:00 PM - 8:00 PM After the show??

Schedule subject to change

==========================================

From Luke Jermay;

I will be offering buy one get one free tickets to my mentalism show in Las Vegas to all MINDvention registrants. There will be flyers at registration with all the needed info.

http://www.harrahs.com/osheas/entertainment.html

=====================================================

From Kevin Burke;

Anyone who's coming to Las Vegas for Mindvention is welcome to attend my show at Fitzgerald's as my guest. It's at 9:13pm nightly, but I'll be dark on the 9th. (Hey, I wanna see the Nyman lecture too, y'know!) Just come up to the showroom and tell whoever is at the door that I invited you. http://www.fitzgeraldslasvegas.com/vega ... nment.aspx

=======================================================

Info below from Jeff McBride about the Master Class for Mentalists

Dive deeper into the mysteries of the mind.... by adding this special event to your MindVention experience. Immediately following the MindVention, on November 11, 12 and 13....the adventure continues! Mindvention attendees can get $100 off the tuition by showing your Mindvention registration badge!

WHO?

The McBride Magic & Mystery School is hosting Eugene Burger, with special guest Ross Johnson and the Mystery School Magi, for a 3 day

A Special Master Class for Mentalists.

WHAT? In response to many requests, we are happy to present our fourth Master Class aimed exclusively at mentalists. Jeff McBride's Master Class is the premier program in contemporary magic where YOU and your performance take center stage in a safe and supportive setting.

At this Special Master Class all of the performances and all of the talks and breakout sessions will be on the subject of MENTALISM. Eugene and Jeff will share their thoughts on Mentalism for Magicians. And our Special Guest for the Class will be ROSS JOHNSON, perhaps the most successful corporate mentalist in the United States.

This is RARE appearance for Ross because he does not write books and rarely speaks to groups of mentalists. We are thrilled to be able to spend several days with him finding out what has made him so successful.

WATCH THE VIDEO! http://www.magicalwisdom.com/events/view/405

WHEN? November 11, 12 ,13 2009

For a complete schedule go to: http://www.magicalwisdom.com/events/view/406

WHERE? The McBride House of Mystery. Directions will be given to you when you register. We are 5 mins from the strip, and 3 mins from the airport!

The McBride Master Class is limited to a small group of students. Although there is no pressure to perform, many students choose to present their act (or a magical piece they are working on) for one-on-one direction from Jeff and Eugene who are both committed to helping you attain new levels of excellence with your performance of mentalism.

All the information is online:

http://www.magicalwisdom.com/events/view/405

MENTAL STIMULUS PACKAGE

Mindvention attendees can get $100 off the tuition by showing your Mindvention registration badge!

ONLY FOUR SPACES LEFT

If you have any other questions, call Abbi McBride, 702-450-0021
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Mark.Lewis

Re: MINDvention update & Schedule

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 29th, 2009, 8:42 pm

You should have booked me in the first place like Brad Henderson told you to. You decided against it on the grounds that you considered Canada to be a foreign country. I think I will approach Derek Lever instead.

Still. I like your pig trick. I do it all the time. It appeals to simple minds and I do live in Canada after all.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » October 30th, 2009, 11:04 am

Hey Mark,

your being Canadian was never a factor... I assume you are joking...

MINDvention will be held next year and the years after that and I would love to discuss your taking part (after this years convention has finished)...

I appeciate your comments on the Pig trick (I do it all the time myself)... be well...
Producer of MINDvention

mentalism convention

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 30th, 2009, 1:33 pm

You said that you couldn't afford overseas lecturers. Canada is sort of overseas isn't it? In a Northern sort of way. I am sure you have to pass over the odd river or two to get here.

The pig trick is indeed wonderful although I have absolutely no idea why. There is something pathetic about it.

Regarding being well someone told that you weren't. I do hope you have recovered. I may need to buy another pig trick in case the one I have falls apart just like myself. Already there are coffee stains all over it. And pigs don't drink coffee.

Barefoot Boy
Favorite Magician: Kreskin

Postby Barefoot Boy » October 30th, 2009, 1:43 pm

I DO!!!! :P
Outward sunshine; Inward joy,
Blessings on thee, Barefoot Boy.
www.mindreader.ca

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 30th, 2009, 3:27 pm

Do be quiet Paul. Any moment now you are going to talk about your bloody feet. Weren't you supposed to be going to Mindvention this year?

Barefoot Boy
Favorite Magician: Kreskin

Postby Barefoot Boy » October 30th, 2009, 4:11 pm

I enjoyed MINDvention when I went (back in 2006) I believe. I met Danny and had amusing moments with Paul Harris, Ken Weber and Gerry McCambridge. Alas, I will not be attending this year. It makes me laugh.... the ONE year I attend is the ONLY year in which NO photographs were taken and exhibited on the web site.
Outward sunshine; Inward joy,

Blessings on thee, Barefoot Boy.

www.mindreader.ca

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » October 30th, 2009, 4:17 pm

Didn't you have a fight with Ken Weber or something? What was that about? I heard something about raised voices. You are indeed bloody loud.

Everyody raves about the Ken Weber book "Maximum Entertainment" but not me. I don't like it one bit and I have absolutely no idea why. I can't think of a single argument against it and I wish I could. I just don't like it. It must be a psychic vibe or something.

Incidentally your avatar is revolting. No wonder it was banned from the magic cafe. Quite right too.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » November 20th, 2009, 10:24 am

The 2009 MINDvention Video
is now up at YouTube...

Danny Archer
Producer of MINDvention

mentalism convention

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”