David Williamson Poker deal

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Sonicstabber

David Williamson Poker deal

Postby Sonicstabber » August 20th, 2009, 7:19 am

Hi all,

A few years ago, David Williamson was out this way doing some workshops and lectures. Anyways, on his last night, after dinner, we all hung out in the hotel and were showing each other some things. David popped out this unusual bottom deal display which I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find it, or possibly, any contact details for him.

The four aces are shown openly on the bottom of the deck. The magician deals out 5 hands, the fifth being his own, and the fifth card is openly bottom dealt, as a form of expose. He then shows the first ace gone and displays the three remaining aces. This is repeated, each time a round is dealt, the last being openly dealt from the bottom, the remaining aces are displayed.

After the five card hands have been dealt, he showed that the four aces were actually in another hand, and that the cards openly dealt from the bottom were a Royal flush. The basis of the effect was "From the Cellar" in Ortiz' Cardshark book, but that does not have the Royal Flush ending.

Does anyone know if this handling has been published, or at least a means to contact Dave to ask him? I've posted this up on the Magic Cafe who helped me find the origins of the mechanics used, but I'd like to find out the version he showed me as it was insanely clean and very well worth it for the bottom dealers.

Cheers,

Eddie

AMCabral

Re: David Williamson Poker deal

Postby AMCabral » August 20th, 2009, 2:03 pm

I don't know if anyone's brought this up to you, but you might check out Paul Cummins' "The Bottom Of the Barrel" from FASDIU.

-T

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 20th, 2009, 7:12 pm

It's in a Harry Lorayne book. It is a great version, I lerned it 30 years ago from bartender Frank Shields.
Stay tooned.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » August 20th, 2009, 7:22 pm

If I'm not mistaken it was also in The Jinx.

Sonicstabber

Postby Sonicstabber » August 20th, 2009, 8:14 pm

I've checked the Lorayne Version which uses two rounds of Dealing, similar to the Marlo/Gardner Poker deal.

I'm not familiar with the Cummin's handling, I'll look into it.

Eddie

Return to “General”