IBIDEM vol.1, Eric Lewis, David Regal, Takagi books fsh

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
troublewit

IBIDEM vol.1, Eric Lewis, David Regal, Takagi books fsh

Postby troublewit » August 7th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Hello, I am offering for sale here some wonderful items at bargain prices. All items will include free shipping in the US. International postage rates available upon inquiry. The books will be shipped media mail (5-7 days) with delivery confirmation, unless priority mail is preferred (2-3 days), in which case, please include $5 for the upgrade. I will, of course, combine shipping for multiple items.

I am posting these items Friday, 8-7, and I will ship any purchases made before noon tomorrow on that same day. I will be on the road Sunday through Wednesday, 8-12, with limited computer access, so I will respond to any requests for purchase upon my return, and in the order in which they are received.
Paypal only, please. Thank you. Here are the items:

"IBIDEM", vol.1, by P. Howard Lyons

Published with excellent production standards by Kaufman and Greenberg, This book includes issues 1-16 of Lyon's quarterly (usually?) magazine. Also included are full color reproductions of all covers. Introduction by Richard Kaufman. Contains contributions from: Lyons, Stewart James, The Amazing Randi, Mel Stover, Peter Warlock, Martin Gardner, Paul Curry, Faucett Ross, Ed Marlo, Bill Simon, Bill Elliott, Elmer Biddle, Alex Elmsley, Jack Avis, Gerald Kosky, and others. Diabolical magic and colorful writing by Lyons, along with the enigmatic artwork of his wife, Pat Patterson Lyons. 319 pages, hardcover with dustjacket in "like new" condition. Retails for $60-75. For sale here for $45 ppd.

"A Choice of Miracles", by Eric Lewis

Published by Mike Caveney's Magical Publications, Illustrations by the author, Introduction by Charley Miller, this is the first volume of the trilogy by Eric Lewis, and includes early biographical information along with anecdotes and insights into his friends, Goldston, Harbin, Ramsay, and Dante. The magic Eric teaches in this volume includes Children's Magic, Mentalism, Close-up, Platform, Stage, Comedy and Serious Magic. 213 pages. HB with dustjacket. The book is in "like new" condition, the dustjacket shows minimal wear, but no rips or creases. Retails for $35 For sale here $20 ppd.

"The Crowning Miracles", by Eric Lewis

Volume 3 of the trilogy, this book was published by Mike Caveney's Magical Publications, with illustrations by the author, and introduction by John Booth. this volume completes Eric's trilogy, and includes commercial and historical effects completely explained by Eric for the working performer. The same eclectic mix of Stage, Comedy, Close-up, Children's Magic, Mentalism, and Platform Magic are offered here. (over 20 years worth) 237 pages, HB with dustjacket. The book is in "Like New" condition. The dustjacket has no tears or creases, but shows minimal wear. Retails for $35. For sale here for $20 ppd.

"Approaching Magic", by David Regal

A 501 page tome of delightful essays and magic. Introduction by Michael Weber. Jim Steinmeyer has this to say about "Approaching Magic": (from the dustjacket) "David Regal's magic is just sensational, and the presentations are equally ingenious. He's fooled me, surprised me, made me laugh, and made me wonder. Most of all, he made me wonder where all these great ideas come from. Now, every magician will know. They come from this book."
501 pages, HB with dustjacket. Book is in "like new" condition, dustjacket shows minimal wear. Retails for $75. For sale here for $50 ppd.

"The Amazing Miracles of Shigeo Takagi", by Richard Kaufman, illustrated by Ton Onosaka

Max Maven, in the introduction, calls the routines and effects in this book "a rarified body of work...meticulously honed over a period of time, each detail carefully determined." The effects in this book of close-up and stand-up magic include magic with cards, coins, cup, silk, rope, rubber bands, the thumb tie and linking rings. 120 pages HB with dustcover. "Like New" condition.
Retails for $45. For sale here for $30 ppd.

"New Magic of Japan 1988" compiled by Hiroyuki Sakai, Text by Phil Goldstein and Richard Kaufman. Illustrations by Ton Onosaka, line drawings by Tomohiro Maeda.

A beautiful mixture of close-up and stand-up magic in a wide variety of styles. 123 pages of routines (many are quite visually striking...like special effects)by over 20 of Japan's finest young (and some young in heart) magicians. Magic using cards, coins glasses, flowers, canes, wands, rope circles, and sponge balls. 25 effects, 123 pages, HB with dustjacket, both in "like new" condition. Retails for $45. For sale here for $30 ppd.

"Find the Stuff That's You", Chris Carey. Published by Lee Jacobs Productions

Positive endorsements for this book are offered up by Mark Wilson, Phil Wilmarth, Geoff Williams,, Samuel Patrick Smith, Johnny Ace Palmer, Marvyn Roy, Andre' Kole, Franz Harary, Dan Garrett, Karrell Fox, ichael Ammar, and Stan Allen, among others.
320 pages of valuable and practical information concerning making an emotional connection with your audience, being an entertainer, working with audience volunteers, theme park shows, school shows, telling magic stories, publicizing yourself, making old ideas work like new, and, of course, much more.
HB in excellent condition. Retails for $45. For sale here for $25 ppd.

Troy Hooser's "Shellraiser" dvd with expanded shell included.

Troy says that "the expanded shell is the most invaluable coin gaff there is." Daryl says that "when Troy performs, it looks like real magic." If you have ever seen Troy lecture, or read "DesTROYers", you know how clever he can be. This dvd includes some of his work with the ES, including Coins Across, Vanishes, Coins Thru the Table, Productions, and more. (from the dvd box):"This dvd includes a "precision-made" expanded half dollar shell, a $25 value, absolutely free!"

I haven't scrutinized the enclosed ES, or held it, (it is still encased in plastic), so I can say that it looks pretty good, although Todd Lassen probably isn't losing any sleep over it. This is a "like new dvd, played once". The shell hasn't been touched since it's been originally packaged.

The dvd/ES combo retails for $25. For sale here for $15 ppd.

"Coin Classics" vol.2 dvd (Steven's Greater Magic Library)

This dvd includes coin routines from John Carney, Daryl, Don Alan, T.A.Waters, SAWA, Karrell Fox, Richard Ross, and more.
In "like new" condition. Retails for $30. For sale here for $15 ppd.

Thank you for looking.

Christopher Klocek
337 N Wood St
Griffith, In 46319-2768
troublewit@aol.com
219-765-7123
Christopher Klocek
337 N Wood St
Griffith, In 46319
219-765-7123
troublewit@aol.com

troublewit

Re: IBIDEM vol.1, Eric Lewis, David Regal, Takagi books fsh

Postby troublewit » August 8th, 2009, 12:40 pm

Sale is pending on the Troy Hooser Shellraiser. Thank you
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

troublewit

Postby troublewit » August 8th, 2009, 1:30 pm

Sale is pending on IBIDEM. Thank you
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

troublewit

Postby troublewit » August 8th, 2009, 2:13 pm

IBIDEM sold. thanks
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

troublewit

Postby troublewit » August 9th, 2009, 5:43 pm

Troy Hooser Shellraiser Sold. Thanks
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

troublewit

Postby troublewit » August 9th, 2009, 5:54 pm

I am lowering the prices on all remaining items. I will ship on Wednesday, and anything left will go on ebay:

"A Choice of Miracles", and "The Crowning Miracles" by Eric Lewis are now each $15 ppd.

"Approaching Magic", by David Regal is now $40 ppd.

"Amazing Miracles of Shigeo Takagi", and "New Magic of Japan" are now each $25 ppd.

"Find The Stuff That's You" by Chris Carey is now $15 ppd.

and

"Coin Classics vol.2" DVD from Steven's Greater Magic Library is now only $10 ppd.

Thanks, Chris
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

troublewit

Postby troublewit » August 11th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Regal Book: sale pending. Thanks
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St