Coin Matrix

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
retepnap

Coin Matrix

Postby retepnap » July 3rd, 2009, 8:29 pm

I'm looking for a way to expand my coin matrix, who are some magicians i can research and study their routines?

also is the "matrix gods way" a good resource, and if there are any others which ones?

thank you

Kent Gunn

Re: Coin Matrix

Postby Kent Gunn » July 3rd, 2009, 8:32 pm

David Neighbors probably has more work on matrix than the rest of the magic universe combined. He has over 100 versions of matrix.

www.coinjurer.com

KG

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » July 3rd, 2009, 8:58 pm

Check out Al Schneider's original item - called Matrix.

The Roth item called Stonehenge Assembly is a close second for a coin assembly IMHO, with his barehanded assembly third - but those are not matrix routines and it takes a LOT to improve on Al's item.

But if you really want to gild gold or paint the lily... STEVE DUSHECK has a gaff that does something really clever for that last coin and if you know the Mexican turnover you can use it repeatedly.
Last edited by Jonathan Townsend on July 3rd, 2009, 9:13 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: way too much info.

retepnap

Postby retepnap » July 3rd, 2009, 9:40 pm

thank you i'll check them out...

retepnap

Postby retepnap » July 3rd, 2009, 10:04 pm

after one does the original matrix, four coins travel to under one card, one by one...what are some suggestions of what to do next, i really dont want to do it again, and my better judgement tells me not to do a bare hands matrix... mostly because the patter i am using...

i had thought of doing some sort of coins across, or a trick with the cards, but i'm not sure...i already do a coins across sequence in another part of my routine, so i don't want to repeat the same thing.

i guess i'm just fishing for ideas and a direction in where to look.

i am going to check out your suggestion of the Roth item Stonehenge assembly now.

also would like to thank you Jonathan for the genii article on your fingertip coins across, i spent five months or so reading, and re-reading the article and practicing it over and over. i have since come up with a version that i am happy with, but your article, was of great help and greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » July 3rd, 2009, 11:00 pm

Glad you liked the article.
The Roth book has plenty of material on other themes.

JunFanHsu

Postby JunFanHsu » July 5th, 2009, 3:15 am

I'm not much into coin magic but you might want to checkout Dean Dill's "Intimate Coin Miracles" and "Coin Magic 2000" videos. His "Simple Matrix" and "Matrix Backfire" are the only Matrix effects that I actually perform.

Shoot Ogawa has some of the most unique applications with the Matrix that you'll ever see in a dvd called "Shoot in Hollywood."

I hope that helps a little. Peace.
耶稣基督是唯一的出路。

luigimar

Postby luigimar » July 5th, 2009, 5:17 pm

I second JunFanHsu's suggestion... Shoot Ogawa has a double Matrix that kills... It's 2 matrix (different) effects happening at the same time! Look for it and you'll love it! Kind of difficult to do, though.

luigimar
luigimar

Return to “Close-Up Magic”