Internet cellphone marketing

Post topics about the business side of magic.

Internet cellphone marketing

Postby 000 » June 21st, 2009, 9:13 am

Apparently 60% of cellular phones are now web-enabled.

Is it worthwhile to go the .mobi route ( with resultant .mobi website adress)
Or are there better ways to get websites' info to someones mobile phone ?

Any ideas and suggestions woulld be appreciated.

Jack Turk

Re: Internet cellphone marketing

Postby Jack Turk » June 23rd, 2009, 12:13 pm

I think it's an interesting notion.

The data point I'd want to look at involves the degree to which these web-enabled phones are used for searches, as opposed to checking email, looking at breaking news, downloading ring tones, uploading photos, etc.

Once we reach a critical mass where we know people are searching for our services -- to enhance some kind of event -- via mobile phones, then creating mobile sites specifically for view on smartphones makes perfect sense.

Right now, I'm still working to maximize my internet marketing capabilities with search engine optimization, social networking, and PPC. That's a full plate there already.

--Jack
"59 Ways to Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

Dave V

Postby Dave V » June 23rd, 2009, 12:55 pm

I don't read news, I don't upload or download photos, I made my own ringtone. I use my phone primarily for email, the occasional phone call, and searching Google and IMDB while in front of the television.

The only magic forum I visit on my phone is Scoundrels Forum, specifically because it's mobile friendly. Few, if any of the others are.
"I still play with a full deck, I just shuffle slower"

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » June 23rd, 2009, 1:16 pm

2004 called and wants it's thread back.

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » June 23rd, 2009, 1:19 pm

Play nice, Damian. It's a valid topic.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » June 23rd, 2009, 1:29 pm

Well...

I mean!

:)

This is way old. Mobile internet usages is up MASSIVELY. Mainly thanks to the emergence of internet enabled devices over the last 5 years. And the iPhone.

.mobi is utterly pointless and dead. It was being hyped way back when WAP seemed like a good idea.

Nowadays, it is easy to install scripts to render almost any standards compliant website perfectly on a mobile browser.

Mobile computing is utterly the future. But all you need to do is sniff the user agent and then send them to a suitable site. mobile.godaddy.com for example.

But sorry yes I will play nice, Ellis has just gotten my snark level up higher than usual :)

Postby 000 » June 28th, 2009, 2:14 pm

Surely the ( size of screen)difference between a PC and a mobile phone is enough to warrant two different websites?
Or could you refer me to a few .com websites where one views the same websites on both a PC and a mobile phone? Without first being redirected to a suitable site. Thanks.

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”