Cartel Coins

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
ChastainCriswell

Cartel Coins

Postby ChastainCriswell » May 18th, 2009, 1:52 am

Hello everyone,

I have been working on a project now for almost a year ... and I think it is time to let the magic world know a little about this exciting project!

I call them Cartel Coins ... please have a look at the teaser on my web site. Click the Sneek Peek below.

Thanks!
Chastain Criswell

Sneek Peek!

mrgoat

Re: Cartel Coins

Postby mrgoat » May 18th, 2009, 10:25 am

How much did you have to pay for the rights to use that music!

Bet it set you back a few bucks!

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 18th, 2009, 12:16 pm

If the Cartel Coins has something to manage that last coin vanish... all the better.

Intersting to find that Coins Across described as an "age old classic". Not sure if that's flattering though - still have a few hairs left on my head and don't feel entirely old yet. :D Hey Chris, has it been an age yet? (he's not old either BTW).

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » May 18th, 2009, 12:46 pm

LOL ... Mr. Townsend ... I will change the vernacular if it is offensive ... I just know Three Fly no touch has been the holy grail for your original idea for years. As for the music .... I am certain in it's current form is not infringing one the original. it has been altered to release it from copyright. But once again if that is a serious issue I can fix that too. As for the last coin vanish ... very possible ... I am just teasing the uses these coins can have. Hope you enjoy them.

Chastain

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 18th, 2009, 1:03 pm

No offense taken here. Best wishes on your product launch.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » May 18th, 2009, 1:04 pm

ChastainCriswell wrote:it has been altered to release it from copyright.

Blimey!

I bet all those hip hop records who have been sued for a much shorter samples wish they knew that before they were sued! Would have saved them a fortune!

I am being a snarky git, yes, but come on, it's not been altered at all has it?

Joking aside, a commercial release deserves the author not to steal someone's music. IMHO. There are enough youtube clips with kids nicking music. A professional should pay. You wouldn't steal the DVD cases! ;)

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » May 18th, 2009, 1:25 pm

It's taken care of and yes I changed a lot ... I removed some vocals ... I also slowed the pitch down .... I also added some noise to make it sound a bit grimmey ... but ... it was encoded with Windows software so that could have distorted it more ... however I am taking care of it. THanks for the heads up.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » May 18th, 2009, 1:27 pm

ChastainCriswell wrote:It's taken care of and yes I changed a lot ... I removed some vocals ... I also slowed the pitch down .... I also added some noise to make it sound a bit grimmey ... but ... it was encoded with Windows software so that could have distorted it more ... however I am taking care of it. THanks for the heads up.

I'm not being belligerent, but what software is there that removes vocals? I'd love to play around with something like that.

Still, us discussing it is bumping the thread for you! :)

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » May 18th, 2009, 1:40 pm

LOL .... Thanks!

No the software I use don't "Remove" vocals more so as cover them up or muffle them out. makes them undistinguishable. (wow did I spell that right?)

However I took care of that ... the new update will have royalty free music on it :) Thanks seriously ... I told myself if one person mentioned it then I would assume it was questionable. So it is :)

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » May 18th, 2009, 1:41 pm

Oh I said slowed the pitch I meant lowered ... I slowed down the tempo :D

Anyway ...

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 18th, 2009, 4:49 pm

I finally got to see the video - the coins look useful :)

I'm looking forward to seeing that coins across with a chinese coin too.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » May 18th, 2009, 4:53 pm

:) Thanks Mr. Townsend .... I have the means to make them ... just waiting on the right moment. :)

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » May 20th, 2009, 8:25 am

If you have not already gone to sign up for the newsletter .... I will have a special announcment soon only to newsletter subscribers!

Chastain

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » June 6th, 2009, 4:55 pm

The coins will be released as early as July .... however you can't get the special price unless you sign up for the newsletter. So .... go sign up! :)

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » June 22nd, 2009, 2:37 pm

Heads up for anyone who has not signed up for the newsletter. Cartel Coins will go up in price as of June 30th 2009. Also the coins and dvd will ship no later than July 11th 2009. Also ... we have now decided to include as an added bonus SWITCH coins. Yes I am fully aware that most folks can obtain matching coins for this set, however I am doing the work for you so the first run will include the matching switch out set. (And you won't believe how easy switching out these coins will be!!!!)

So head over to The Official Site and sign up so you cna make your order today!

Chastain

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » June 28th, 2009, 1:03 am

The instructional DVD has been shot and will be in press next week nad ready to Ship by no later than First of July .... if you want them at the $150 price point .... now is the time! http://www.magicbyenigma.com/cartel ... after you subscribe check your junk or spam folder for confirmation link!

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » June 30th, 2009, 12:12 pm

Ok folks tomorrow is the deadline ... the coins go UP in price. $150 to $175 ..... Any purchase made after 12:01 AM July 31st will not get the discount. However sign up anyway so you know when the next release of Cartel items happens. http://www.magicbyenigma.com/cartel

Thanks to all who have already purchased the coins ... and I can't wait to get your feedback!

Chastain

Marc Rehula

Postby Marc Rehula » June 30th, 2009, 1:38 pm

First of all, I assume you mean 12:01 am JUNE 30th, not July 31st.

Second of all, I assume you'll be communicating when you ship them. You may be waiting to get our feedback, but we're waiting to get the coins!

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » June 30th, 2009, 8:27 pm

My mistake, that date was suppose to be July 1st I hit the 3 on accident. Marc I pmed you.

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » July 4th, 2009, 11:10 am

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » July 10th, 2009, 10:42 am

All pre-orders have shipped

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » July 25th, 2009, 3:16 pm

I am running a special on these coins ... if you purchase one of the last four sets remaining from the initial run you recieve a choice of one of my different effects. TAG - Deface - Barely Chewed - From the Stall DVD. So head over to www.magicbyenigma.com/cartel and get in on this great offer.

Chastain

Return to “Buzz”