Blackpool 2009

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
magicuk

Blackpool 2009

Postby magicuk » December 25th, 2008, 5:47 pm

Hi Guys,

This is my first year that i will visit the blackpool magic convention and i am sure you all have your fair share of stories to tell.

I would like to know what its like and anything which is of interest. The main website does not have any type of decent infomation. Also any info on people you looking foward to seeing.

Kind Regards

MagicUK

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Blackpool 2009

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 25th, 2008, 8:15 pm

There's more than enough to see and do at all hours of the day and night. In the late evenings, the action is in the pub at the Ruskin Hotel about two blocks away.
Good luck with your hotel room. If you thought the only place on the earth without internet for a traveler might be the middle of the desert you're in for a surprise: Blackpool is another. Only two hotels (that I know of) have internet connections--and they're stupidly expensive. Some hotels don't even have phones in the rooms.
And make sure you get your ass out of bed and showered before 8 am, because after that the hot water usually runs out.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

magicuk

Postby magicuk » December 26th, 2008, 4:52 am

I too am staying at the Ruskin Hotel i don't know what to expect.

Paul Gordon

Postby Paul Gordon » December 26th, 2008, 7:43 am

Expect a LOT of push & shove, a lot of magic, late nights, drunkedness and fun! I'll be there....in the corner with a deck of cards. (And a vodka/grapefruit!)

Paul Gordon
Secure Online Magic Shop: https://www.paulgordon.net/shop

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » December 26th, 2008, 7:48 am

The Best Western in Blackpool is a fairly good option if you are looking for a semblance of civilisation - the only con is that it is a short taxi ride away from the convention centre.

The internet works and they have running hot water !

Scout around the net and you may get yourself a good rate ...

magicuk

Postby magicuk » December 26th, 2008, 6:17 pm

I am looking foward to attending this event, I hear good and bad things from my search but mainly hotel related i would like to know more about the gala show and buying and selling. Is it only close-up magic stuff ?

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » December 26th, 2008, 11:09 pm

Search on the forum for past reviews ... every magician needs to experience Blackpool at least once ;-)

Mats Kjellstrom
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield

Postby Mats Kjellstrom » December 27th, 2008, 12:07 am

Very cheap guesthouse in Blackpool, 12 min. walk to convention:

http://www.staymorblackpool.com/ (small but nice,)

My magic friend from Holland: Heinz Minten is going to sell his new Koh Chang Paddles at Blackpool, very cool effect. A triple change.

I love the huge dealers room, with over 100 different dealers.
Shop til yo drop, SURE.

brian ovens

Postby brian ovens » December 27th, 2008, 5:00 am

well i have been many times, and if you need someone to show you round dont be shy in asking. you will need a liver transplant after the weekends finished mind you. loads to do, stuff the hotels and internet. the ruskin is a great hotel, the food is a must try. its a little more expensive than other places around town, but great food. i will be staying across the road from the ruskin, my pal and me. if your travelling alone dont worry, the people are friendly, im a card man btw, so say hello in blackpool.

Return to “General”