Eric DeCamps' Show

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Alpen

Eric DeCamps' Show

Postby Alpen » December 1st, 2008, 9:15 pm

Just wanted to mention something about Eric DeCamps' show Pure Magic
I missed the first 2 runs of the show and was when I heard that Eric was doing another run, I was sure that I wasn't going to miss it again.

For starters, I travelled from Boston to NYC just to see the show, and saying it was absolutely worth it would be a understatement. Growing up, Eric was one of my magical heroes, but I had never seen him work until now. Being that I held him in such high regard, my expectations for my first experience were naturally high as well (as many can relate.) I was absolutely blown away by the whole experience.

The show was beautiful, exactly what I envisioned a cabaret show to be like. To me, it was what a cabaret show should be like. The material was amazing, both entertaining and magical (not an easy combination to come by.) My only complaint was that at the end of the show, I didn't want it to be over (but then again, leaving the audience wanting more is a great way to end.)

I wish there would be more shows like this, or that I lived closer to NYC so that I could go back. Seeing a show like this makes me happy to be a magician, and reinforces why I love magic so much. I strongly urge anyone who is in/around NYC to go to the show. It will be a wonderful experience, as it was for me.

Alpen

Eric DeCamps

Re: Eric DeCamps' Show

Postby Eric DeCamps » December 3rd, 2008, 10:12 pm

[font:Book Antiqua][size:14pt]Hi Alpen:

Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

Hope you can make it down again. If you do, bring some of our mutual Red Sox fans down with you. Tell them that Yankee territory isn't so bad.

Eric DeCamps[/size][/font]

Alpen

Postby Alpen » December 23rd, 2008, 2:19 am

Having liked it so much the first time, I did end up going back to see Eric's show... And again, it was fantastic! I think that this upcoming show is the last one (if Eric reads this, he can probably confirm) so if anyone hasn't seen it yet, or is thinking about it, go see it, this might be your last chance to see a really great show.

Alpen

ESGFarb

Postby ESGFarb » December 24th, 2008, 2:14 pm

Went to last weeks show and it was amazing. If you want to see great magic performed the way it should be go check it out, next week is the last show!...I mean this is Eric DeCamps, its a rare opportunity to see a living legend perform in this way, go see it!

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » December 26th, 2008, 10:46 am

[size:14pt][font:Book Antiqua]Hi Eric!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.
I appreciate you and Alpen both coming out and supporting the show.

Best,

Eric[/font]
[/size]

Return to “Buzz”