Bob Brown Passed Away this morning

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
mai-ling

Bob Brown Passed Away this morning

Postby mai-ling » August 26th, 2008, 1:14 pm

Just received word that Bob Brown passed.

He would come onto the forum here
and that is how I reconnected with him.

He used to work at Magic, Inc and teach
lessons.

He had a bad fall on Sunday it damaged
his heart. He had 15% lung function and
he had an aneurysm in his aorta.

I will post more info as I hear.

You can view Bob in this video I had posted
at my music space here:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... id=8776211
you will remember my name
http://www.mai-ling.net
world's youngest illusionista

Re: Bob Brown Passed Away this morning

Postby 777 » August 26th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Im so sorry to hear the bad news.my thoughts and feelings go out to his friends and family
all the love s.c.

Bill Palmer

Postby Bill Palmer » August 26th, 2008, 2:32 pm

That's too bad. I enjoyed Bob. I met him at one of the TAOM conventions in San Antonio. I asked him if he was going to perform the Vernet suspension.

He was very surprised and asked, "How did you know about that? Nobody knows I have one of those. There were only two made."

I replied, "I'm a mentalist. We know that kind of thing." and I winked at him.
Bill Palmer, MIMC

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 26th, 2008, 4:17 pm

I don't recall meeting Bob, but the death of any magician hurts our community. And that's for posting that video from Wild Chicago. It was great to see Jasper.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » August 26th, 2008, 4:27 pm

Bill Palmer wrote:That's too bad. I enjoyed Bob. I met him at one of the TAOM conventions in San Antonio. I asked him if he was going to perform the Vernet suspension.

He was very surprised and asked, "How did you know about that? Nobody knows I have one of those. There were only two made."

I replied, "I'm a mentalist. We know that kind of thing." and I winked at him.

I'm not a mentalist, but I'm guessing that the Bob Brown who worked at Magic Inc and gave lessons there (presumably the guy with the mustache doing the chop cup on the video) is not the Bob Brown (and Brenda!) who figures in this anecdote.

Glenn Bishop

Postby Glenn Bishop » August 26th, 2008, 4:42 pm

As I remember the Bob Brown that Mai-ling is talking about worked and if I remember right was a part owner of a magic shop for a while in Iowa. This shop had a mini magic convention and Dai Vernon was booked to do a lecture there.

I remember Jim Gleason, Jeff Korst and I driving to Iowa to catch the lecture. And it was well worth the drive. Not only was the Dai Vernon lecture great but later Bob Brown told me that it was the last lecture that Vernon gave that was away from the magic castle. I think that Vernon was around 85 at the time.

Joe Casorri (name might be misspelled) who did a card fan act also passed away right after this convention.

I remember I got a Lepaul wallet at this convention and later on Bob came to Chicago. I met him in the 70's when we had the Marshall Brodien Magic Shop at Old Chicago.

He helped out at Bishop's magic shop for a while when we had the shop in Riverside IL. And helped make and work out some of the packet card effects that we sold and helped my dad come up with some new product along with John Morrissy who had the old Masda magic shop after the Masda owner retired.

Later on Bob worked with Jay at Magic Inc. But still came in and helped my Dad and Mom packet the card tricks that they worked out.

The only time that I ever saw Bob do a show was at my wedding quite a few years ago. Bob was also the guy that got me into hypnotism he lent me Ormond Mcgill's book this was back when I met him at the Marshall Brodien Magic shop back in the 70's.

I am saddened by the loss. Bob did a lot of great stuff for magic. Was a great performer. A Great hypnotist and a good guy and a wonderful teacher.

I will miss him!

Bill Palmer

Postby Bill Palmer » August 26th, 2008, 4:43 pm

OOOPS!!!! My bad.

Actually, Brenda was no longer with "the other Bob Brown" when he appeared in SA.

Linda Jonassen was apearring with him, instead.

To quote Emily Littella -- "Never mind."
Bill Palmer, MIMC

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » August 26th, 2008, 10:05 pm

I'm glad y'all are enjoying the video from Wild Chicago.
It was definitely a keeper when it aired. More so now that
Uncle Jay is no longer with us, watching it makes us
feel like he is.

And because of Will Clinger doing that piece, he was
invited to Jay's big 80th bash. Came with a arrow in
his head too, just to fit in with us all.

Glen, he is the Bob Brown from Iowa who also owned
his own magic shop.

Bob was helping me with some of the stories of Dad
performing his levitation outdoors in the early 1970's.
So I hope some of those were written.

Bob was also an escape artist.

Just last week, we were at a local pizza place where
one of my friends was performing close-up and long with
another friend who was close to Bob. Sitting around and
dad was talking about how Bob would perform the
straight jacket either with the cherry picker or the
helicopter.

Usually the hilicopter was the most expensive to rent
over the cherry picker.

But anyway...

Alain Roy

Postby Alain Roy » August 27th, 2008, 12:02 am

Bob Brown was one of my favorite people in the world. For a while we traded magic lessons for computer help, but he almost never asked me for computer help. An unequal trade perhaps, but a sign of his generosity with his time and talents. I'll miss Bob.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » August 27th, 2008, 12:09 am

Bob Brown was an amazing man whos talent was only out distanced by his kindness. Bob was a carny (this reminds me, if someone could tell Aye Jaye he'd appreciate it I'm sure), a magician, escapist, creator, and hell of a good guy. I have a number of routines he has shared with me over the years and I'm proud to have considered him a friend and mentor. He had been sick for awhile and his breathing was limited but he always kept his sense of humor. I worried about him being too hot in the Summer and too cold in the Winter and I really will miss him as will all the Chicago magicians.

If you want something really interesting about Bob he taught John Wayne Gacy how to make balloon animals at a class he was teaching.
Steve V

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 27th, 2008, 2:22 am

Now that I know which Bob Brown it isIm embarrassed to say that I wasnt completely clear on that (I couldnt see the video from my office)I too want to pass on my condolences to Bobs friends and family. He and I corresponded quite a bit back in the old MagicTalk days. He was a knowledgeable guy and he was always very generous with that knowledge. He sent me many of his routines and lecture notes gratis.

Aloha Bob; and thanks!

Dustin

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » August 27th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Bob was a great guy and a great entertainer. As above, people would often confuse him with the other Bob Brown in our industry. He would reply, "He is the one with Brenda and I am the one with real hair. I would trade in a New York minute!"

Bob referred to himself as a general practitioner and did indeed do it all. A great guilty pleasure was sitting in Bishop's Magic Shop listening to stories from Bob and Billy Bishop. Alain and I had often mentioned that we should get Bob's stories recorded but unfortunately that idea never took fruition. Here is a favorite story of Bob's from a sideshow forum that he used to frequent.

My usual habit when I would arrive at a spot with my free act
platform show was to wander the midway as it was preparing to open. I
hoped to spot old friends and scope out any interesting new shows. On
this occasion I saw a banner that was new to me. " The Wild Boy Of
The Amazon! Captured in the jungle. Alive on the inside!" A young
man's voice blared out of the tent. "I ain't going to put no damn
snake in my mouth but I'll have em puking their guts out!"

I peeked around the corner of the tent and saw the dirtiest
youngster I've ever seen. He was wearing a filthy fur caveman's
outfit and arguing with an older man who appeared to be his father. I
ain't afraid of no snakes and I'll handle them but I ain't going to
put them in my mouth. Just hold your damn horses and watch."
This I've got to see.

I came back later in the day, dropped my quarter and entered the
tent to see a canvas pit with some snakes crawilng around and a few
barn rats cowering in a corner. The "wild boy" was gibbering and
picking up snakes and running toward the pit walls..slobbering and
gesturing. Suddenly he stopped..got a kinda thoughtful look on his
face and dug his hand down the rear of his costume. He pulled it out
with his fingers covered with a disgusting tan gloopy substantance.
He acted like he was going to try to smear it on some marks and then
instead settled into a crouch and started licking it off his fingers.
I didn't see anybody puke but I came close and the tip left rather
suddenly.

You're way ahead of me. It was peanut butter. The kid had an open
jar jammed in the back of his costume. It was brilliantly disgusting.
I don't know know whatever happened to the kid but I wouldn't be
surprised to hear he was producing reality tv shows.

Bob was generous with his time and knowledge and in all the time that I knew him never asked for anything in return. All those who knew him will miss him greatly.

Bob Kentner

Postby Bob Kentner » August 28th, 2008, 11:14 am

Bob will be missed. He was a wonderful individual.

Todd Lassen

Postby Todd Lassen » August 29th, 2008, 11:05 am

I've known Bob since he landed back here in Davenport a few years ago. I should have spent more time with him than I did, that was definetely my loss for not getting my butt over to see him more often.

Bob had a remarkable memory of so many incredible stories relating to magic, the carny, a definite authority on long lost scams and hustles..you name it, he was a fountain of knowledge, jokes, and humorous anecdotes...right up until he died. He was unbelievably sharp and witty and upbeat. He was also a writer who sold many story lines and jokes. He was just telling me of his relationship with Emo Phillips back in the day, I guess he wrote some stuff for Emo amongst the many others.

Since Bob has been here, I have met a number of his students who came to visit him. There are many. About a year ago, after finding out that he could go at any time due to his anyuerism, he took on his last student. A young feller by the name of Carter. I know the time they spent together every week was cherished by both, and now there is a 12 year old kid running around Davenport that could probably fool the pants off of me. I'm very jealous of that, :) and I only have myself to blame...Bob was generous to a fault and always had time for a visitor.

Bob spoke his mind and had such quick wit and real world way of looking at things, I saw him as a formidable force on several occasions that remain hilarious to me to this day. The fondest of those memories was a debate he had with Joey Burton. We laughed until we cried.

I saw Bob last Friday in the hospital. He was very animated and telling stories like crazy. He quoted several greats on their deathbed speeches. He stated that he was very happy and no regrets, he was always like that. When a nurse came in, he opened a small drawer in his eating tray and pulled out one of those fake cigarettes that emits powder smoke and began puffing on it while removing his oxygen from his nose. The nurse about had a heart attack. You could really see the mischievous kid in Bob. He was puffed up a bit from taking predizone and had a crew cut, I teased him a bit about looking like Curly Howard and his eyes sparkled like the kid inside of him.

I love Bob's chop cup routine that is shown in the video. It was a dandy, and no waiting, really. Bang Bang Bang. Wow. All of his magic was very practical and stupendously thought out.

Bob was the sole inspiration for the reel that I am finally releasing. I was hoping to present him with one. I know that you will RIP Bob. So long pal.

Todd Lassen

Postby Todd Lassen » August 29th, 2008, 12:25 pm

From his obituary, I omitted the relatives.

Bob was born Dec. 14, 1935, to Harold and Helen (Rabe) Brown, in Charles
City, Iowa. He married Kathleen Bosma in 1957 in San Francisco, Calif.

Bob's vocation was broadcasting, but his passion was magic and illusion. Bob
began a career in radio broadcasting at KCAK in Charles City and continued
in Cedar Rapids with KCRG and KWWL, where he became news director. He worked
with the city of Cedar Rapids as CETA director from 1973 to 1976. Bob
starred as "Judge McCauley" on the popular locally produced television
program, "Tell it to the Judge." Bob worked in Davenport for three years as
part owner of a magic shop and then moved to Chicago and worked for Magic
Inc. He also did volunteer work for Precious Blood Homeless Shelter for nine
years.

Bob was an accomplished entertainer who thrilled many audiences with his
magic, hypnotism and mentalist shows. He shared his love of magic by
teaching and lecturing, and many former students are now full-time
magicians.

Bob will be remembered for the love he shared with family and friends and
for the compassion he had for people. He was an amazing man whose talent was
only outdistanced by his kindness. Bob will be greatly missed.

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » August 29th, 2008, 4:07 pm

thanks for posting that Todd.

Mark Nemmers

Re: Bob Brown Has Died

Postby Mark Nemmers » August 29th, 2008, 10:51 pm

It's great reading these anecdotes and history about Bob. It helps take away some of the sting and the sorrow. I hope many more stories will be added in the weeks and months ahead, as word of Bob's death works its way to the many people whose lives he enhanced. I hereby contribute my own.

I was one of Bob's proteges. In the mid-1960s, a spindly, shy kid of eleven with a growing interest in magic, living in a small town 25 miles from Cedar Rapids, where Bob worked as a popular early-morning radio personality. Aware of Bob's reputation as a professional magician, my dad called him, asking if he could spare a little time to encourage my fledgling skills. To our awe, he invited us to his house, where we spent an unforgettable evening talking and sharing magic with each other. With that, Bob set the hook.

For the next couple of years, I spent many, many hours with Bob, traveling with him to a number of his performances throughout eastern Iowa (often accompanied by another extremely accomplished and lovable Cedar Rapids magician, Fred Petrick, aka Mombo the Clown).

A great Bob "show must go on" story was the occasion of a small town's celebration of some sort, where Bob had been hired to perform his aerial straight jacket escape. Assured by the event coordinators that a crane would be provided for the stunt, Bob and I arrived about twenty minutes before showtime to find no machine in the parking lot where Bob was expected to perform, except a small, front-end loader. Miffed, of course, but undaunted, Bob decided to make do and use the loader, even if it meant, as it did, him struggling and writhing out of his straight jacket while dangling upside down, his head all of five or six inches off the ground, the highest the loader bucket could raise him. Out of the gathered crowd of several hundred people, I think only about a dozen of us, in a circle around him, were able to witness Bob's not-so-dizzying feat.

One night, Bob, Fred and I performed our comedy acts together, on stage, in front of an appreciative audience of several hundred convicts in the Iowa State Penitentiary. (About ten years later, while hitchhiking from Iowa to Washington, D.C., where I was a student, I was picked up by a semi-truck driver somewhere in the boonies of Pennsylvania. The truck driver, upon learning where I was from, said he had been one of the convicts sitting in the audience that night, and specifically remembered Bob's act as one of the funniest things he had ever seen.)

It's 1965, and my first magic convention, I.B.M.'s 37th annual convention held in Des Moines. None of us being exactly wealthy, Bob, Fred and I shared a hotel room. They say a magician's first convention will always stand out as his favorite, which of course the Des Moines gathering remains for me to this day. But it also happened to simply be one of the best conventions in IBM's history books. With Bob's generous entree, I had the heady experience of being introduced to, sometimes even sharing meals with, many of the greatest living magicians: Dai Vernon, Dunninger, Al Goshman, Bev Bergeron, Jay Marshall, Walter "Zaney" Blaney, Johnny Giordmaine, Eddie Jester, Albert Le Bas, Russ Walsh, Duke Stern, Anverdi, and Howard Bamman, were among those in Des Moines that summer.

Bob competed and won first place in that convention's originality contest, as well as emceeing one of the evening shows, as part of which he and Fred performed a hilarious routine together that nearly brought the house down. In the competition, I don't recall what effect he performed, but it may well have been his "How to Quit Smoking" trick, which utilized, as I recall, perhaps the largest number of gaffes that could possibly be combined into one item (in this case, a cigarette pack). That effect was carried for several years by the then-Ireland Magic Company.

Later that year, Bob was chosen for the cover story of The Linking Ring. I wish I was better at computers so that I could upload and share with you Bob's picture from that issue; it's a great head shot, taken while in his prime, and the way I think many of us still remember him. I've treasured and protected my copy of that issue for more than forty years.

Bob was always creating. He forever worked to improve, to work a new angle for, probably hundreds of tricks. His writing was clever and insightful. His quips and routines were topical and intelligent. His quick sense of humor could deftly run both subtly wry and commercial. On his daily morning program at local radio station KCRG, he was spontaneous, hip, and entertaining.

But Bob also had his serious side: he doubled as a skilled and conscientious news reporter, the kind of hard working, shoe leather journalist that, sadly for us all, is at the tipping point of extinction. (It was admiring Bob's energy and dedication as a reporter that inspired me, several years later, to pursue broadcast journalism as a profession.)

As too often happens with student and teacher, our lives began to drift apart. My family moved to another town, too far away to conveniently stay in touch with Bob. My interest in magic waned as I left the Midwest to attend college and built my (modest) broadcasting news career. But I never forgot Bob. Not just a magic mentor, he was like a father figure to me in many ways. One whose vitality, confidence, knack for surprising and making people laugh, his humor, and intellectual curiosity all influenced my development as a teenager and to this day shade my personality. I owe him so much.

Even his mannerisms were infectious. Who can forget his perennially cocked left eyebrow? His barrel-chested laugh. Or how he'd put right fist on hip and pull his upper body back, as he would watch you perform your latest trick for him, or just listen to what you had to say.

And listen, he did. Which leads to another wonderful part of his life: his compassion and interest in others. He had the gift for affection, and another or was it the same gift? for paying attention. With both, he graced those whose lives he touched. Not just an observer of the world, he also cared about it. About social justice. His years of volunteer work with the down-and-out of Chicago. His selflessness in dropping everything in his life to return to Iowa to care for his aging parents. And, of course, that always-at-the-ready willingness of his to mentor any young magician who would ask him for help.

When the search powers of the Internet came along, a few years after my interest in magic had revivified, I started looking for Bob. It was a wonderful day indeed when I finally reconnected with him just a little over a year ago, via the Genii forums here. That connection started a happy flow of emails and phone calls. Aware of his precarious health, I traveled out from California to Davenport for a visit with him last winter, spending an unforgettable and delightful afternoon and evening talking magic, mentalism, carnys, jam auctions, cold readings, fortune tellers, the many great people in magic whose paths had intersected with Bob's, the awful states of American journalism and politics, and even more awful, jokes.

It was during that visit that I realized his enormous cache of stories and life experiences, many of them esoteric and of historic importance to the entertainment world, and all of them entertaining, needed to be preserved. Sadly, only two weeks from now, the week of Sept. 14, Chicago's John "Doc" Morrissy, Erik Anderson of Des Moines, and myself had planned to gather at Bob's home and record as many of his mountainous collection of stories and memories as we possibly could over a several-day period. Tragically, that opportunity is now lost. Only the stories in the minds of those of us who were graced and enlightened by him can be preserved. I'm hoping that anyone who has something to share about Bob's life will place them here, in this Genii forum, as a tangible memorial and tribute to him.

A vivid raconteur, with his expansive memory for the peripheral, the esoteric, Bob was infinitely interesting. I doubt that he uttered a dull sentence in his life. I am so sad that I won't be able to hear more of his stories, email him a bawdy joke, call him up to ask him about a magician from decades past. I was beginning to feel as close to him again as I once was so many years ago.

As a teenager, you tend to think that whatever great things happen to come your way at that age will be typical of the rest of your life. I now look back and realize, with gratitude, that my time with Bob back then was rare, precious and extraordinary. He enlarged my life with excitement, fun and knowledge. And I am already missing him so much.

Travel well, my mentor.

Mark Nemmers
Sacramento, CA

mai-ling

Re: Bob Brown Has Died

Postby mai-ling » September 2nd, 2008, 3:41 pm

Services for Bob Brown will be held in Cedar Rapids on September 12th.
First Presbyterian Church
310 Fifth Street SE
Cedar Rapids IA 52401

The following appeared in today's Cedar Rapids Gazette --

CEDAR RAPIDS - Robert A. "Bob" Brown, 72, of Davenport, formerly of Cedar Rapids, died Tuesday, Aug. 26, 2008, at Genesis Medical Center - West, Davenport, following a lengthy illness. His body was donated to the University of Iowa Department of Anatomy.

Celebration of Life services: 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12, First
Presbyterian Church, Cedar Rapids.

Survivors include a son, Harold of Cedar Rapids; a daughter, Janis Shank of Queens Creek, Ariz.; and four sisters, Marlene Lee of Council Bluffs, Vicki Phelan of St. Louis, Mo., Cynthia Sorenson of Gloucester, Va., and Julie Driscoll of Evansdale.

Also surviving are daughter-in-law, Marty; son-in-law, Steve; six > grandchildren, Travis (Nora) Shank, Jordan Shank, Janelle Shank and Connor Shank, all of Queens Creek, and Jon and Hannah Brown of Cedar Rapids; a great-grandchild, Kate Shank of Queens Creek; and brothers-in-law, Dean Lee, Tom Phelan and Guy Sorenson. Bob treasured the special relationship he had with his nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents; his sisters, Helen June
Denning and Mavis Schroedermeier and husband Paul, all of Charles City; and brother-in-law, Rich Driscoll of Evansdale.

Bob was born Dec. 14, 1935, to Harold and Helen (Rabe) Brown, in Charles City, Iowa. He married Kathleen Bosma in 1957 in San
Francisco, Calif.

Bob's vocation was broadcasting, but his passion was magic and
illusion.

Bob began a career in radio broadcasting at KCAK in Charles City and continued in Cedar Rapids with KCRG and KWWL, where he became news director. He worked with the city of Cedar Rapids as CETA director from 1973 to 1976. Bob starred as "Judge McCauley" on the popular locally produced television program, "Tell it to the Judge." Bob worked in Davenport for three
years as part owner of a magic shop and then moved to Chicago and worked for Magic Inc. He also did volunteer work for Precious Blood Homeless Shelter for nine years.

Bob was an accomplished entertainer who thrilled many audiences with his magic, hypnotism and mentalist shows. He shared his love of magic by teaching and lecturing, and many former students are now full-time magicians.

Bob will be remembered for the love he shared with family and friends and for the compassion he had for people. He was an amazing man whose talent was only outdistanced by his kindness. Bob will be greatly missed.

Bruce Walstad

Postby Bruce Walstad » September 6th, 2008, 8:49 pm

What a loss for magic. I met Bob when he started working at Bishop's magic shop. Over the years Bob and I had some fun times.

I have many stories about Bob, but here is my favorite: Many years ago I got Bob to demonstrate the Jam Auction at a police seminar for bunco detectives. Well, with the help of Jay Marshall and a few others, Bob ran it perfectly. Too well actually. He jammed a room full of cops for about $20.00 each. The following morning a number of officers came up to me and asked where is that Bob Brown guy? They went on to explain to me that they wound up giving him twenty bucks and all they got in return was a paper bag full of junk. It took them a while to figure out that he had scammed them. Several years later I got Bob to do a presentation on cold reading for the same group of bunco cops. Once again he did a great job, to the point a few of the officers were wondering if he had paranormal powers. However afterwards a few of the detectives brought up the jam auction again and their displeasure of being taken by him.

Bob was a friend and he will be missed

Bruce Walstad

Maritess

Postby Maritess » September 15th, 2008, 3:58 pm

He was my very first magic teacher and got me excited about magic because he didn't see me as a gender and he was just a pure nice old guy who I trusted enough that I let him hold my hands when he taught me the Elmsley count and hot rod. He would be the first and everlasting wonderful impression of magicians that would last with me, not matter how many scary scuzzy old fart magicians would try to skeeve up on me, I knew that from Bob Brown, that there were pure sweet people who simply wanted to share their love of the art of magic with everyone and not just their little circle of friends. This is a huge loss for the magic world.

Maritess Zurbano
www.maritess.com

P.S. Hey, I did the photo illustration for that book of his, Busking Balloons when I was a tadpole. Anyone know where I can get a copy? I've never seen it, and no one at Magic Inc replied to my inquiry??

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » September 15th, 2008, 4:09 pm

Maritess wrote:
P.S. Hey, I did the photo illustration for that book of his, Busking Balloons when I was a tadpole. Anyone know where I can get a copy? I've never seen it, and no one at Magic Inc replied to my inquiry??

I don't think we had it.
and we had a lot of those small magic, inc booklets.

i have to email jay's grandson with an inquiry of
something from the back room and i'll include your
inquiry as well.

Maritess

Postby Maritess » September 15th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Much appreciated! There should be pics of Jay Marshall floating around behind Bob as Bob makes balloon animals for kids =D I think the year we shot it was 1992 if that helps.

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » September 15th, 2008, 4:36 pm

It can be ordered here

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » September 15th, 2008, 6:47 pm

thanks for the link frank.
i know we didn't have that one.

at least you know where you can get a copy.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » September 16th, 2008, 6:58 pm

Is Bob's work on tarot cards and the thumb cuff routine still available at Magic Inc?
Steve V

Mark Nemmers

Postby Mark Nemmers » September 20th, 2008, 12:35 am

I'm looking for anything created by Bob, including his "How to Quit Smoking" trick, if any have survived, which he created around 1965. I, too, would like to see his thumb cuff routine, if it exists.

Another great thing about Bob: he had an astonishing amount of personal confidence, without any of the ego.

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » September 20th, 2008, 8:28 am

i had a copy of "How to quite smoking"
but i sold it last year...I think.
Or else one of my friends has it
in safe keeping.

I'll have to ask him.

mai-ling

Postby mai-ling » October 12th, 2008, 12:10 pm

john morrisey inherited bob's collection
and they will be sorting it out for an
upcoming auction for the mazda mystic ring.

incase anyone was curious.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » October 13th, 2008, 7:12 pm

You should be able to get the thumb cuff routine with cuffs from Magic Inc..
Steve V

Return to “Buzz”