new site

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
taytas

new site

Postby taytas » April 18th, 2008, 11:01 pm

Hey guys, you can call me taytas. I have been a magiciana nd actively involved in the magic community for about 10 years now. The other day I decided to create a beginners completely free magic website.
This is not an ad to get people to come to my site, I would just like it if a few of you took the time to check it out and get back to me with some ideas to make it better.
Keep in mind, it is for those wishing to begin learning some magic, rather than those who are advanced like most of us.
the site is stateofillusion.net give me some feedback and tell me some things you would like to see added on. Thanks alot guys, peace

Hijinx

Re: new site

Postby Hijinx » April 28th, 2008, 12:53 pm

You need to create curiosity by immediately demonstrating the benefit of the site. The layout is confusing. You need navigation buttons.
Get better graphics that will communicate all the great stuff available on your site.
The B&W head shot is meaningless to the surfer. It's confusing.
AdWords at the top of your homepage makes it look like one of the meaningless ad sites that frustrate web-users.
That said, I think the site has some potential - but get a web-designer to help you.

Gordolini

Re: new site

Postby Gordolini » April 28th, 2008, 4:06 pm

taytas - If you are serious, then please consider proofreading your content before publishing: Preperation (?) ...deck of cars... (?)..really is is the second ... (?)...go on with your normal double lift routing (?)...The Espert at the Card Table (?) Forget about the reat of the deck... (?)..make the spectator believe you posess.. (?)

Return to “General”