FS: BOOKS! LOTS!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
NarloJunior

FS: BOOKS! LOTS!

Postby NarloJunior » April 12th, 2008, 12:51 pm

I have a few books for sale. They are:

Dear Mr. Fantasy - $25

Doug Edwards Packs a Wallop! - $17

Best of Friends Volume 1 - $30

Lorayne: The Classic Collection (retail for like $85) - $35

At the Table (Rachebaumer) - $20

Card Finesse (1st Edition!) - $35

Enchantments (Wesley James) - $30

Duffies Card Compulsions - $22

Destroyers (Troy Hooser and Johua Jay) - $23

Totally Out of Control (Chris Kenner) - $22

Card Fixes (Rachebaumer) - $22

The Collected Almanac - $34

All books in great shape! Will sell individualy or as a group. All of them add up to $313.00 which is a steal in itself. If you want the whole lot I will let it go for $285.00 total, and I will get the shipping!

If you call please leave a message since my phone doesn't pick up very well at my home and I will return the call ASAP. Of course you can email me also.

Randy Shirley
6092 Petra Mills Road
Granite Falls, NC 28630
704-712-4817
NarloJunior@aol.com

Chris Bailey

Re: FS: BOOKS! LOTS!

Postby Chris Bailey » April 12th, 2008, 1:56 pm

I'll take Classic Collection and Dear Mister Fantasy

Alan M

Postby Alan M » April 12th, 2008, 4:24 pm

Sent you an email for Best of Friends and The Collected Almanac. Thanks,
Alan

John M. Dale

Postby John M. Dale » April 13th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Those you you are thinking of doing business with Mr. Shirley may want to inquire as to whether he has checked his phone messages before committing to a purchase by email.

Yesterday, an hour and a half after he & I arranged by email for me to purchase The Classic Collection and The Collected Almanac, I returned home from purchasing a money order for the purchase to find that the following by email had arrived a half hour earlier:

"I aplogize! I just checked my voice mail and I had someone who called and left a message about 30 minutes before you did and he wanted exactly what you did. So, I will wait and see if the MO comes through and if it odesnt (it has happened before) I will email you back and let you know,.I am sorry for the mix up. I shoudl have checked my voicemail first.

Randy"

This was 3 hours after my initial email request to make the purchase which was sent 35 minutes after he had posted here on the Forum.

My immediate reply was the following:

"I wish I had know this. I changed my mind about the check and bought a money order that I now don't need.

John M. Dale"

I have to admit that had originally told him I would pay by personal check and changed my mind without notifying him but, since he had emailed me that "I have them set aside for you. Have a good day!", I felt safe in making this change.

After an hour and a half with no reply I sent the following email:

"Mr. Shirley,

I've been sitting here for the last hour and a half fuming since I replied to your email informing me that an hour after you had committed to the sale of these two books to me that you discovered that someone else had left you a phone message three hours earlier offering to buy the same two books and that, since that message had been left a half hour before my first email offer, you were breaking the commitment you had made in writing to me. I understand you're wanting to be "fair" to the person that had left the earlier phone message but I was taught that a commitment was a commitment and am extremely disappointed in this situation. Under the circumstances, if I had made the same mistake I would have respected the commitment I had made and apologized to the other person for making that commitment before becoming aware that he had sent his offer first. However, it's apparent that you don't share the same view of what constitutes proper business practices.

I guess that I should consider myself lucky that there was the confusion over the spelling of your last name. If that hadn't happened, the money order that I wasted my time purchasing would be made out to you and would have been in the mail when I read your email backing out of your commitment. I'm now merely out the few dollars that I spent for the ATM fees I was charged to get the cash for the money order and the money order fee. That and the time wasted going to purchase the money order and the time I'll spend going to my bank to cash the thing and explain why I'm cashing a money order that I purchased that is made out to me.

If you're interested in respecting your original commitment to me, let me know. If not, don't bother contacting me if the other person bails on his commitment. I'd rather not do business with someone who makes written commitments that they're unwilling to honor.

John M. Dale"

I haven't heard back so I can assume that I know his decision.

Caveat emptor

Richard or Dustin,

If you feel I'm being over the top in posting this information here feel free to remove it. I just didn't want anyone else to suffer the same disappointment that I experienced.

JMD

Cyar

Postby Cyar » April 14th, 2008, 4:52 pm

I'll take Enchantments (Wesley James) - $30

Please let me know how to proceed.

(I shot you another e-mail from my work address)

Best regards,

Kevin

Chris Bailey

Postby Chris Bailey » April 15th, 2008, 10:17 am

I was told in an email by the seller after I had asked for Classic Collection and Dear Mister Fantasy that he sold everything as a lot.

David Prouty

Postby David Prouty » April 15th, 2008, 10:33 am

NarloJunior wrote:
All books in great shape! Will sell individualy or as a group.

Hmmmm.....

Cyar

Postby Cyar » April 15th, 2008, 10:45 am

Thank you Chris!

Alan M

Postby Alan M » April 15th, 2008, 2:12 pm

I never even received a response from this guy.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » April 15th, 2008, 2:33 pm

Cheap is cheap!! hl

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”