Hale Koa-Honolulu

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Tom Dobrowolski

Hale Koa-Honolulu

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » January 13th, 2005, 6:33 am

I should be in Honolulu staying at the Hale Koa Resort beginning next Tuesday Jan. 18- Friday Jan. 28. I will be attending the magic show at the Hale Koa and was wondering if there is more magic stuff, etc. going on. Thanks.

Re: Hale Koa-Honolulu

Postby Guest » January 14th, 2005, 7:40 pm

Tom,
Zuke's Magic, open only on Saturdays, local magicians come and go throughout the day;
Ph. (808) 847-7788 1516 Auld Ln., Honolulu, HI 96817; The shop is a "hole in the wall", but is well stocked with magic and fellowship;
Aloha,
BWind

George Olson

Postby George Olson » January 14th, 2005, 8:55 pm

Is that the one that a few years ago had some POGS for a local young magician? I found a book (don't remember which) there so our visit was worth it.

GO

Ted Leon

Postby Ted Leon » January 15th, 2005, 5:56 am

The wonderful Curtis Kam used to have the main show at the hotel but is no longer there. He does perform at "Dave and Busters" (or something like that) doing walk around. I'm sure you'll find him somewhere amazing people. He's worth tracking down.

There is (was?) a large production show at another hotel called "The Magic Of Polynesia" that is worth seeing. Very polished and professonal.

There is also a local magic group (IBM or SAM) consisting of some good folks. While performing at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, Liz and I gave a small lecture to the group regarding two person mentalism. You may be able to catch a lecture. I'm sure you'll be welcome with open arms.

All in all we found the magic community to be very congenial.

Have a good time,
Ted (Leondo)

Postby Guest » January 15th, 2005, 9:19 am

Besides IBM & SAM chapters, there is also a large independent Magician's Guild, "Pacific Rim Inner Secrets of Magic" (PRISM); Contact Dennis Awai at (808) 753-1138;

Curtis is no longer at the Dave & Busters; I was able to take in his closing performance, he performed the "Rat Trap" effect, the audience loved it;

Mark Allen Maricio has replaced Curtis at the Hale Koa, I hear he is very good;
BWind

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”