Hawaii magicians

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Don

Hawaii magicians

Postby Don » November 6th, 2004, 1:43 pm

are you out there. i live here until next summer, but i want to meet some magicians who live here before i go.

thank you

Curtis Kam

Re: Hawaii magicians

Postby Curtis Kam » November 6th, 2004, 2:31 pm

Howzit rage,

I'm certainly here and from Hawaii. Also Craig Matsuoka is here, although we see eachother more online than on the island.

You'll want to get in touch with the clubs through Jimmy Zukemura, or drop by Aaron's bar on M-TH at night to see Bobby Acoba, or pop in to see the John Hirokawa show. That's just about the scene in a nutshell.

Whereabouts are you?

Don

Postby Don » November 6th, 2004, 2:43 pm

on oahu, kaneohe bay. how about you.

rich aviles

Postby rich aviles » November 6th, 2004, 3:05 pm

Hey Curtis, do you know Glen Fujimoto? This guy is responsible for my passion in magic. About 12 or 13 years ago he rekindled my interest in magic by selling me a few tricks at Aloha fleamarket. Around 1993 I told him I was leaving the island and he gave me a few tricks for free. I haven't seen him since.

I was 12 years old. And I doubt he'd remember me but I've always wanted to say thanks.

Rich
Cat Herder at TRCKY.com.

Don

Postby Don » November 6th, 2004, 3:51 pm

thank you all for the replys. im looking for a book with both gambling routines and regular card magic routines that utilize the sleight.

you all have been a help so far, but would appreciate more replys.

thank you

Don

Postby Don » November 6th, 2004, 3:52 pm

oops, wrong place for the last post. ;)

Pepka

Postby Pepka » November 9th, 2004, 7:29 pm

Not from Hawaii, never been there, but I'll chime in on John Hirokawa. Hell of a nice guy, if you see him, get him to show you his handling of the Charlie Miller control. He floored me with it at Magic Live!

Postby Guest » November 10th, 2004, 11:15 am

The Warren and Annabell show on Maui!!
HIL-AR-IOUS!!
good magic, great comedy and fine dinks!

(one downfall - Anabell is an "Irma" knock-off)

Curtis Kam

Postby Curtis Kam » November 10th, 2004, 12:40 pm

Rick,

I haven't seen Glenn in a while, but I think I saw his son in a magic club show recently. I hear he's still travelling to Japan as a magic dealer. Funny, my wife's family is in Atlanta. I'll give you a shout next time we're in town.

Rage,

I'm almost always at work. Okay, online at work when I should be working. In an office on the ground floor of the big glass skyscraper at the very beginning of Wakiki. We're across from the Hard Rock Cafe and the Hawaii Convention Center, only one of which has become a popular landmark.

pepka,

I'll pass the compliment onto John next time I see him. Good to hear he's still doing the Cascade. We worked on that one when we were kids.

rich aviles

Postby rich aviles » November 10th, 2004, 1:40 pm

He was traveling to Japan a lot back then, too. Definately give me a shout if you come to Atlanta.

I think I saw a version of John Hirokawa's show around 1992 at a New Year's Eve event in Honolulu. I recall an Okito style floating ball routine that was GREAT!

Rich
Cat Herder at TRCKY.com.

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”