Vancouver Spots?

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Brent Hath

Vancouver Spots?

Postby Brent Hath » November 30th, 2004, 8:08 pm

I just moved to Vancouver from Indianapolis and am completely unfamiliar with the scene around here. Could anyone recommend any meetings/conventions/shops/or interesting magic related sites, I know of an S.A.M. assembly here but I haven't been able to get an answer for the number I have. Does anyone have any advice or are there any Vancouver locals out there who wouldn't mind dropping tips to a yank? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Re: Vancouver Spots?

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2004, 9:45 pm

Brent, you lucky, lucky boy!

Vancouver IS a hot spot of magical activity. The IBM Ring 92 there is, if I recall, the second largest in the world with over 175 members. They hold lectures every couple of months, a monthly meeting, extra social events, and an annual convention.

-Ryan Pilling

P.S. I'm not in Vancouver myself, but 12 hours east in Calgary.

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2004, 9:54 pm

Here you go......

Ring 92
When: Meets the 4th Thursday of the month at 7:00pm (except July, Aug. & Dec.)
Location: Sunrise Community Hall, 1950 Windemere Street, Vancouver, B.C.
Contact: David G Wilson, 11684 Carshill Street, Maple Ridge, British Columbia , V2X 5P2 Canada
Phone: 604-467-7887
Email: davewatters@dccnet.com

ALSO: Fridays at the Best Western Sands Hotel on Davie Street (at Denman) local magicians stop by for a pint or two in Checkers lounge. You'l find us up against the back wall and we turn up starting around 4pm until 7pm (roughly). Drop on by.

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » November 30th, 2004, 9:58 pm

Brent Hath

Postby Brent Hath » December 1st, 2004, 1:57 am

Thanks everyone for the help! Hopefully I'll see you on Friday John, I'll be the 20 something looking like I have no idea where I'm going but I'll be there. Cheers.

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2004, 7:17 pm

Hope I run into you Brent. I won't be at the Sands this Friday as I have another appointment but we'll see you down there at some point.

Welcome to Vancouver!

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”