New Low in Magic

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Temperance

New Low in Magic

Postby Temperance » October 26th, 2003, 6:07 am

www.readsecrets.com

Words simply fail me.

Euan :help:

Ian Kendall

Re: New Low in Magic

Postby Ian Kendall » October 26th, 2003, 7:15 am

I'd be interested in the Brau reversal :)

The promo video shows some awful moves, and one very nice colour change. It also dems what looks like Zero Gravity, but the link on the page indicates that you need to pay extra for this. Perhaps Mike Bent should get a peek...

Take care, Ian

John Smetana

Postby John Smetana » October 26th, 2003, 7:20 am

Originally posted by Euan:
www.readsecrets.com

Words simply fail me.

Euan :help:
Euan, if you look in the BUZZ forum you'll see a vote by 66 forum members, 51% of which think exposure does little or no harm, or in fact helps magic and magicians. If that is indicative of the thinking 'out there", I'm not surprised or shocked by this website.
Magic is becoming more and more trivialized by this thinking and the majority of magicians,at least those willing to vote, couldn't care less.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » October 26th, 2003, 11:03 am

Well said, John.

Steve Hook

Robert Allen

Postby Robert Allen » October 26th, 2003, 11:15 am

Keep in mind that any fool can call themselves a magician and vote that 'I don't think exposure hurts magic significantly.' The real issue is, sadly, freedom of speech, which means one bozo can buy a trick and tell the world about it via a website or so-called weblog.

Bill Cushman

Postby Bill Cushman » October 26th, 2003, 11:49 am

This was over at Ted Leslie's site in the Mentalism section. Make sure you read paragraph four:

"I know plenty of amazing card tricks but I'd like to find out how to perform the one where the magician produces a pack of cards by extending his arm in front of him and snapping his wrist in an up-down motion. A full deck appears in his hand which he fans out and then drops into a hat and then snaps his wrist again and continues to do this again and again.

I'd like to find out how that is done most of all.

My favourite move within card tricks is the Pass. I think it's great. In my opinion it's one of the best moves that can be done with cards and after you do that move, the possibilities are endless. I also like the way you can shuffle an entire pack of cards and bring the selected card back to the top (within the shuffle) - Brilliant.

In case you're wondering, I teach most of these moves at readsecrets.com.

Have you heard of a trick called Out of Sight, Out of Mind? The spectator just has to think of a card and the magician picks it out after a few more instructions.

What's your favourite trick?"

The amount of ignorance this posts demonstrates may be the scariest part of all. It sure proves Mr. Allen's point.

mike cookman

Postby mike cookman » October 26th, 2003, 6:40 pm

Yes, and Mr. Allen's point was that any bozo can do that.

Postby Guest » October 27th, 2003, 10:37 am

Hi all,

If you click on the Magic link, a 404 Not found error message comes up. This says that nothing is there. This again seems to be "much ado about nothing."

Return to “Link Watch”