Disco card magician

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Pepka

Disco card magician

Postby Pepka » March 1st, 2003, 4:32 pm

I admit it. Today I was flipping around and there was a disco concert airing on VH1. During one song, a guy was doing card manip. and scaling cards over the audience. Anybody have a clue who this was, and what it has to do with disco?
Pepka

Re: Disco card magician

Postby Guest » March 1st, 2003, 7:52 pm

Pepka, I saw the whole show.I watched the credits at the end to see who he was but the dancers were all listed together and I had seen him in another scene, I think. The funnest bit on the show was a transvestite fashon show to "Abba's" song "Dancing Queen"

Pepka

Postby Pepka » March 3rd, 2003, 4:14 am

Yeah Mike, that was histerical. I find it hard to believe that we're the only members that saw the show. No one else will admit that they like disco. I bet RK was quite the boogiemeister in the 70's.
Pepka

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » March 5th, 2003, 9:07 am

Originally posted by pepka:
I bet RK was quite the boogiemeister in the 70's.
Check out his picture on the cover of the Gene Maze book he did.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 5th, 2003, 10:19 am

Pepka, you're nuts! :)
I spent all my time studying and practicing card magic in the 1970s--I led a very dull life. I've never once been in a disco.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Pepka

Postby Pepka » March 5th, 2003, 7:08 pm

Just kidding Richard!!! :D I can believe that, you were really busy back then. (However, anyone with incriminating photos of our editor in bellbottoms and platform shoes, we need to post it.)

Return to “Alternative Media”