MOST REQUESTED TRICK

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

MOST REQUESTED TRICK

Postby Guest » June 2nd, 2006, 1:10 pm

OF ALL THE CARD TRICKS I DO FOR LAY PEOPLE, THE MOST REQUESTED TRICK IS PAUL CURRYS OUT OF THIS WORLD. I THINK THE REASON BEING IS THE MAGIC SEEMS TO HAPPEN IN THEIR HANDS.
COULD YOU TELL ME YOUR MOST REQUESTED TRICK AND WHY?.
THANX MICK THE TRICK. :rolleyes:

Re: MOST REQUESTED TRICK

Postby Guest » June 2nd, 2006, 1:18 pm

I think your caps lock key is stuck. ;)

Postby Guest » June 2nd, 2006, 1:26 pm

ChEeRS cHriS :eek:

Postby Guest » June 3rd, 2006, 10:25 pm

they usually request that I make the cards disappear, or else they'll call the police

---

if people are requesting tricks by name, maybe you should call the police, or have something similar but on a tangent ready

---

generally, I think the most requested effect would be levitation -- which can be led into using something like The Elevator Card as a red herring

spectator shuffles the deck -- looks at a card and inserts it into the middle of the deck, then magician asks them to hold the deck between their hands

magician pulls out a wand* and stands to one side, citing safety regulations -- he will attempt to make the chosen card rise to the top

instead, an "Aunt Clara" occurs and magician lifts off, perhaps bumping his head on the ceiling or crashing into overhanging branches

"must have had it pointed the wrong way," he explains

to ask them to look at the top card might be anticlimactic, but better to have the chosen card waiting for them in case they do look on their own -- then you can say "oh good, must have been a little reflected energy"

[*from jacket, cargo pants wand pocket, messenger bag, scabbard or holster -- doesn't matter]

Postby Guest » June 4th, 2006, 1:25 am

Not the most requested "to do" trick, but the most, "tell me how to do it" trick (asked by my girl friend) is the shape shifter color change.

... she'll never know ;)

Postby Guest » June 4th, 2006, 6:02 am

While I don't consider THREE CARD MONTE a "trick", it is the routine I get most requests for. TRIUMPH just about a tie.

Return to “Reference Room”