Bob Cassidy

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.

Bob Cassidy

Postby Guest » June 29th, 2005, 4:30 pm

Does anybody have any knowledge as to the whereabouts of Bob Cassidy or what might be happening with the following situation? On June 8 I ordered $75 worth of items from Bob Cassidy's "mastermindreader" website, and the following day received an email from him saying that he received my order and would send me notification and tracking information when the package was shipped. He said that the items, which are handmade by Mr. Cassidy, would most likely be ready in about 4 days. It's been three weeks and I have heard nothing more from him, nor has he responded to three different emails I sent to him inquiring about the status of the order. I have heard from a well-connected magic source that, most likely, I am simply "screwed." If this is true, others should be warned: but I hope there is some other explanation, and maybe someone out there knows Bob or has a phone number or other access. Thanks.
Jim

Re: Bob Cassidy

Postby Guest » June 29th, 2005, 4:52 pm

There is another Bob Cassidy thread around here some place, you do not ride alone.
Steve V

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » June 29th, 2005, 5:48 pm

Jim,

Bob is a respectable guy -- he won't take your money and not deliver. He is, however, pretty disorganized. I waited about six months for delivery of an e-book...he was very apologetic upon delivery and went out of his way to make the situation better.
Patience...his material is worth it...

best,

N.
IllusionArtistry.com

Postby Guest » June 29th, 2005, 7:09 pm

Originally posted by James Warren:
Does anybody have any knowledge as to the whereabouts of Bob Cassidy or what might be happening with the following situation? On June 8 I ordered $75 worth of items from Bob Cassidy's "mastermindreader" website, and the following day received an email from him saying that he received my order and would send me notification and tracking information when the package was shipped. He said that the items, which are handmade by Mr. Cassidy, would most likely be ready in about 4 days. It's been three weeks and I have heard nothing more from him, nor has he responded to three different emails I sent to him inquiring about the status of the order. I have heard from a well-connected magic source that, most likely, I am simply "screwed." If this is true, others should be warned: but I hope there is some other explanation, and maybe someone out there knows Bob or has a phone number or other access. Thanks.
Jim
If you read Bob's website, you will see the possible reason for any recent production delays... HIS WIFE is in bad shape in in the hospital...

Postby Guest » June 29th, 2005, 8:27 pm

I'll second the fact that Bob will, between now and when hell freezes over, come through with the order. Just remember you are dealing with a man that's not all there... but who amongst us, is?

Bob Taxin

Postby Bob Taxin » June 30th, 2005, 9:14 am

Jim-
After more than 2 months and many unanswered emails, I received an apology from Bob and the ordered items plus a gift. I had given up and simply accepted it as a loss by then, so I was pleasantly surprised by the way it worked out. My bet is that he will come through for you. Bear in mind that he's now dealing with very serious family issues.
Bob Taxin

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2005, 11:44 am

I have also ordered from Bob several times. There have been times when I had to wait longer than I would have liked, but in my case he has come through with good material. His wife Peggy does much of the hand crafting, and at present is critically ill in the hospital. He is understandably distracted and yet he has been getting orders out. I don't know how long her illness has been, but I guess we need to give him extra slack for now.

Frank

Postby Guest » July 9th, 2005, 11:24 pm

I'd like to thank everybody for the thoughtful replies to my initial post. I didn't chime in sooner because I thought I would be automatically notified via email when somebody responded to my post; therefore I assumed no one had replied. At any rate, thanks again to all who posted replies. They were very helpful. I will just have to wait. He will probably come through in the end; I hope and pray that his wife pulls through as well. Thanks for letting me know.
James

Postby Guest » July 12th, 2005, 12:36 am

Any word on how Peggy is doing? I think more surgery was sheduled last Friday....

I do not know how Dr. Bob is holding up -- but when worried about a loved one -- things move too fast while other stuff piles up....

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » July 12th, 2005, 6:10 am

Originally posted by C.H.Mara:
I do not know how Dr. Bob is holding up -- but when worried about a loved one -- things move too fast while other stuff piles up....
In those cases when I've pulled extended hospital watch -- and I've had my share -- I've found the world for me stops spinning, while the rest of the world continues on. It's a weird, uncomfortable feeling added on top of all the other weird and uncomfortable feelings.

We all hold on to life by a thread. It's a miracle we continue to draw our next breath, really.

John LeBlanc
http://www.escamoteurettes.com/blog/

Postby Guest » July 15th, 2005, 12:34 pm

Got word from Dr. Bob- Peggy came through the last surgery but may need more...as well as some long term care. She was able to mouth a "love you" to Bob around her breathing tube after she came out of the anesthetic.

Bob is trying to keep up on e shipping and quickly got me the stuff I ordered from his deep membership offer....

I must say that one of the pieces I got completed a search for a routine I have been on for 15 years! I did not know it existed .....

If anyone in Dr. Bob's area can check up on him -- I -- as Brad says above have been through that type of stress before -- and appreciated those who could keep me straight with my own health and condition.

Postby Guest » August 4th, 2005, 3:30 pm

Update on Dr. Bob --

Peggy suffered a minor post op stroke -- and has been moved to nursing care/rehab. Bob feels she is making progress but I am sure the back and forth is chewing up his time.

GC

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”