New Martin Nash Book

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

New Martin Nash Book

Postby Guest » October 3rd, 2003, 5:23 am

There was a small run of a new Martin Nash book written by Nash and Lee Freed. The only place I have found this book is at Magiciansgallery.com and they only have few (they are numbered). It looks like a great book so if you like Nash's work you might want to check it out.

Sam

Frank Yuen

Re: New Martin Nash Book

Postby Frank Yuen » October 3rd, 2003, 6:10 am

Jon, what can you tell us about this?

Frank Yuen

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » October 3rd, 2003, 6:21 am

It's a 100 or so page limited edition release of work on his Infinity control. It was available at LVMI.

Oliver Corpuz

Postby Oliver Corpuz » October 3rd, 2003, 7:11 am

Martin A. Nash, the charming cheat, was the guest of honor at this year's Las Vegas Magic Invitational (LVMI). 50 numbered limited edition copies of the Infinity Power book were available at Andy Greget's dealer booth. Andy was selling the books for Lee Freed. I'm pretty sure Andy sold all of them. With only 50 copies of the book available at just $25 a piece and having Martin available at the LVMI convention to sign them, sales were brisk. Martin inscribed my copy. :)

The limited edition book itself is a softcover, with a very, very thin cover. So the book must be handled with care. The book states that it is the first installment of the "Power" series and also references a website for www.impossiblepress.com, but that site currently appears to just be a website template, and still under construction.

- Oliver

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » October 3rd, 2003, 10:22 am

I wrote INFINITY POWER about six years ago. It will eventually be released as a hard-cover edition, probably limited to 300-500 copies. Le Freed did the editing, layout, and cover design. Others (such as our own Steve Bryant and Matt Field) copy-edited eons ago. I think that Lee Freed has about 6-8 copies in his possession. I'll inquire...or, simply wait for the other edition to be released.

Onward...

Postby Guest » October 3rd, 2003, 11:02 am

I wrote INFINITY POWER about six years ago.
Okay, Jon, can you please explain the origin of your author's photo? Looks suspiciously like your head shot for the Actor's Studio, circa 1956.

--Randy Campbell

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » October 3rd, 2003, 12:21 pm

That pic is one of Freed's attempts at drollery. That was actually a pic from my teen-singer days. I was actually 21 in the pic, looking homeward or heavenward or askance....

Also, Martin Nash was discontent re the cover sketch, taken from a recent photo. Freed likes it; Martin hates it.

Otherwise, I still stand by the Intro, which DOES give a decent back story to the bas-relief "work."

Onward...

Postby Guest » October 3rd, 2003, 12:28 pm

I just ordered the Nash book from http://www.magiciansgallery.com they have only a few of them, so you might want to grab one quick. It seems like a great book.

Return to “General”