Cleaning out the magic closet. Big Bargains!

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Cleaning out the magic closet. Big Bargains!

Postby Guest » May 22nd, 2005, 3:27 am

This is a complete Spring Cleaning that happens once every couple of decades! Many items at, or near price of retail! Preference will be given to those people ordering more things to make my packing life easier! I will reply to all emails after returning to my computer on Wednesday. All shipping charges will be actual prices plus a dollar or so to buy an appropriate box.

DVDs
John Carney; Secrets Volumes 1 & 2. Retail $76 http://www.carneymagic.com/books.htm For Sale $35
David Regal; Premise, Power, and Participation Volumes 1-4. Retail $139.80 For Sale $70
Daryls Ambitious Card. Retail $34.95 For Sale $18
Paul Wilson & Lee Asher; Hit the Road. Retail $29.95 For Sale $15
Keone; Extreme Cuts. (Autographed) Retail $34.95 For Sale $16
Yves Doumergue; Ripped and Restored. Retail $34.95 For Sale $16
Jay Sankey; 22 Blows to the Head. Retail $29.95 For Sale $15
The Legendary Repertoire of Michael Skinner Volume 3 (2 Discs). Retail $29.95 For Sale $15
Shoot Ogawa; Ninja Rings. Retail $29.95 For Sale $15
Sal Piacente; Street Monte. Retail $24.95 For Sale $12
Daryl; Encyclopedia of Card Sleights, Volume 5 (Still Sealed). Retail $34.95 For Sale $18
Michael Ammar; Easy to Master Card Miracles Volumes 1-3. Retail $104.85 For Sale $50
Michael Ammar; Easy to Master Card Miracles Volumes 4-6. Retail $104.85 For Sale $55
Michael Ammar; Easy to Master Card Miracles Volumes 7-9. Retail $104.85 For Sale $60
Bill Malone; On the Loose Volumes 1-4. Retail $139.80 For Sale $70

VHS Videos
We all know that DVDs are easier to navigate but many DVDs are really only watched a few times! See the performances and pick up subtle style secrets for only $5 each!
A Visit with Heba Haba Al For Sale $5
2200 Paper Balls Over the Head For Sale $5
Dan Harlan; Magic with Rubber Bands Vol 1 For Sale $5
Draun on Dice For Sale $

Hardcover Books / Pamphlets
Card College Volume 3, Sealed; Retail $35 For Sale $22
David Harkey, Simply Harkey; Retail $45 For Sale $30
Racherbaumer/Marlo, Arcade Dreams; Retail $40 For Sale $30
Lewis Ganson; The Magic of Slydini. One volume published in 1980 by Supreme Magic For Sale $30
Peter Duffies Card Compulsions. Good magic but the line drawings of the nude women mad this book inappropriate. Retail $32 For Sale $22

Softcover Books / Pamphlets / Notes
Meir Yedids Finger Fantasies For Sale $5
The Hierophant, Volumes 1-7
Exhibition Card Fans by Goodette Dodson For Sale $2
The Topit Handbook by Patrick Page For Sale $2
The Act by Senor Mardo For Sale $2
Foundations for Gospel Magicians by Steve Dawson For Sale $1
Milson-Worth, Catalog 3 For Sale $1
The Dice and Purse by Barry Govan For Sale $2
Jaspernese Thumb Tie by Jay Marshall For Sale $4
Close Up, French Style; by Bernard Billis For Sale $10
Meir Yedid/Shinko Nagisas Twisting Arm Illusion For Sale $4
Jerry Mentzer: The Magic of Paul Harris For Sale $12
Gert Malmros; The Disappearing Aces For Sale $2
Jerry Mentzer; Club Clues For Sale $4
Nick Trost: Coinmans Packet of 20 impromptu coin tricks For Sale $8
Majoke; Magic Magazine Parody For Sale $2

Tricks
Paul Harris: Screwed Deck; Retail $45 For Sale $15
The magician "screws" two halves of a deck together like a pool cue, but oops...it's mis-matched!

He gives it another twist and the deck becomes an ordinary, examinable pack of cards!

Easy to Learn and Perform

Customer Reviews: Screwed Deck by Paul Harris!
S. Patrick Toman
This is not new. I have been performing Paul Harris's "Screwed Dack" on and off for over 14 years. Now, this is a killer effect!! It is a killer effect for three reasons. The first reason is that it is not just another card trick. This is something that actually has a cute story and a flashy ending. The next reason is that the cards (all but one) are ungimmicked. Which means the deck comes out of the case ready to perform any card miracle you want. The deck can be setup or stacked, or with any number of gimmicked cards in the ready posistion. The last reason is that once you buy the effect and have the gimmicked box, it is easy to replace if the box wears out on you. (and using it for two solid years twice a week will wear the box out). This is a very unique effect that has stood the test of time and is something out of the (mundane) ordinary. I hope you give it a try. S. Patrick

David Williamson: Aunt Marys Terrible Secret Retail $25 For Sale $15
A Professional Card Routine in Three Acts, created by David Williamson!
Every family has their secrets. The Williamson family has Aunt Mary. A respectable woman with a murky past, Aunt Mary has finally come clean. Revealed here for the first time as a professional card routine in three powerful acts, Aunt Mary's Terrible Secret is well within the reach of any performer. Two audience members are invited to play a simple color matching game for the chance to win fifty-two dollars. The cards are unprepared, the money is real and this incredible, easy-to-master routine builds to a devastating climax that will leave your audiences stunned. After Aunt Mary's Terrible Secret, you'll never look at little old ladies the same way again.
Here's what the experts are saying... "Aunt Mary's Terrible Secret is too good to share. I have used this routine in paid performances for many years. I am as sorry to have to share it with the fraternity as I have been sorry to have to share it with the originator himself. Perhaps by buying this book, I will obtain retroactive permission for my past performances." Michael Weber "Quite simply, this is a highly commercial routine. It combines money, gambling, audience participation, and uncanny control over the cards to produce a routine that audiences love and remember." Darwin Ortiz "David has given the serious performer a truly masterful three-act professional performance piece that will leave his unwitting participants completely entertained and at a total loss as to any explanation." Roger Klause
Please note: This is a 44 page manuscript professionally produced by David Williamson and illustrated by Earle Oakes. It does not use gimmicked cards or gaffs of any kind. It is a complete and powerful gambling routine, that is insanely easy to do!

Omega Ring Flite by Bob Solari - For Sale $10

Dice Through Mirror by Magic Makers; Retail $45 For Sale $20
The Effect:
The performer shows a wallet with a small square in the middle. A mirror, attached to a ribbon is passed around for inspection, then inserted into the wallet. A die (singular for dice) is also inspected. The die is placed in the square in the wallet, then, bit by bit, it very slowly sinks until it completely penetrates the mirror and drops to the floor. The die and mirror are once more passed round for examination.

Dj vu Deck by David Regal; Retail $20 For Sale $12
EFFECT: The spectator simply names any card that they like. The magician removes a deck of cards, and claims he will make the named selection vanish from the deck. Spreading out the deck, however all of the cards are seen to be missing the faces. Offering to try to make their card come back, one of the blank-faced cards is very cleanly shown and placed under a spectator's hand. When they lift their hand and turn over the card, they are amazed to see it is their named selection!
The Magic Happens In The Spectator's Hand
Instantly Resets and No Table Is Required, Perfect For Walk-Around
Himber Wallet (3 X 5 ) with booklet of 21 routines For Sale $4

Penultimate (with matching pen) by Collectors Workshop; Retail $55 For Sale $30
The performer borrows a dollar bill which is signed by the spectator then wrapped in a silk hank. The performer uses his pen as a magic wand and waves it over the hank which is then shaken out. The bill has vanished! The performer begins to write an IOU but something is wrong with his pen. He opens it only to find the spectator's signed bill inside the pen where the ink should be.
Very nice adaptation of the Bill Tube principle. Ready to work any time, any where. Comes with duplicate working pen. Great walk-around magic or something for the boys at the office.
Divination Boxes. For Sale $ 8
(Two brass? cylinders will hold a small item. Spectator puts item in one of the cylinders and magician always knows which one.)

Magic Mints / The Amazing Candy Trick; Retail $20 For Sale $7
VISUALLY link two Lifesavers WITHIN INCHES of your spectators eyes. Follow it up with THE FRESHEST FINISH IN MAGIC. Highly recommended!

Pencil penetration through dollar bill by Udays magic world For Sale $3

Jardine Ellis Ring with booklet For Sale $2

Magic Rattle box; Retail $15 For Sale $5
Eyes Vs. Ears in the battle of the century. Penguin's hottest new pocket trick.

Re: Cleaning out the magic closet. Big Bargains!

Postby Guest » May 22nd, 2005, 3:02 pm

Aunt Marys Terrible Secret Retail $25 For Sale $15

please email on this. centerdeal@yahoo .com
thanks Winston

Bob Kentner

Postby Bob Kentner » May 23rd, 2005, 6:50 am

I am interested in the following:

Peter Duffies Card Compulsions. Good magic but the line drawings of the nude women mad this book inappropriate. Retail $32 For Sale $22
Foundations for Gospel Magicians by Steve Dawson For Sale $1
Paul Harris: Screwed Deck; Retail $45 For Sale $15

Please reply to bkentner@inetnebr.com

Thanks
Bob Kentner

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 23rd, 2005, 9:19 am

The spot drawings in the Duffie book are from a Dover book of clip art sold in most major bookstores in the United States. The only person they MIGHT be inappropriate for is a 5 year old boy, and I didn't think they would be buying the book.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

BlueEyed Videot
Favorite Magician: Max Maven, Ray Anderson

Postby BlueEyed Videot » May 23rd, 2005, 10:03 am

Oh great, Richard, now that's TWO books they're going to want to burn.

Hope they don't find out about Hodges' Sexy Magic.

Oops! Never mind...

Postby Guest » May 23rd, 2005, 9:57 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
The spot drawings in the Duffie book are from a Dover book of clip art sold in most major bookstores in the United States. The only person they MIGHT be inappropriate for is a 5 year old boy, and I didn't think they would be buying the book.
What purpose do these drawings have in the Duffie book?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 23rd, 2005, 10:07 pm

They're simply decorative. They were done in the 1920s and 1930s, I believe.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » May 23rd, 2005, 10:16 pm

Here\'s a link to some commentary from Duffie about the illustrations and a few examples of them.

Can't speak for others, but I quite liked the little illustrations.

Randolph G

Postby Randolph G » May 24th, 2005, 12:25 am

I was interested in the whole Ammar set, Malone set, and the Daryl Ambitious Card DVD. I tried emailing you, not sure if you got it.
My email is modifiedr6@mindspring.com
Let me know.

Thanks...

Postby Guest » May 24th, 2005, 7:48 am

Thanks to everyone for a great response. As mentioned in the first paragraph above, I will be getting back to everyone on Wednesday. Right now, I have very limited access to a computer. PayPal or money orders will be fine.

Gary

Postby Guest » May 24th, 2005, 8:37 am

I am interested in the following: David Regal; Premise, Power, and Participation Volumes 1-4. Please email me at brian@brianjhatcher.com if still available.

Postby Guest » May 29th, 2005, 2:25 pm

Thanks for all the interest. I was completely unprepared for the swarm of messages and hope that I have gotten back to everyone. To keep all parties in the loop I wanted to let everyone know what has been shipped and what is left.

SOLD:

DVDs
John Carney; Secrets Volumes 1 & 2.
David Regal; Premise, Power, and Participation Volumes 1-4.
Daryls Ambitious Card.
Paul Wilson & Lee Asher; Hit the Road.
Jay Sankey; 22 Blows to the Head
The Legendary Repertoire of Michael Skinner Volume 3 (2 Discs)
Sal Piacente; Street Monte.
Michael Ammar; Easy to Master Card Miracles Volumes 1-3.
Michael Ammar; Easy to Master Card Miracles Volumes 4-6.
Michael Ammar; Easy to Master Card Miracles Volumes 7-9.
Bill Malone; On the Loose Volumes 1-4.

VHS Videos
A Visit with Heba Haba Al
2200 Paper Balls Over the Head
Dan Harlan; Magic with Rubber Bands Vol 1
Draun on Dice

Hardcover Books / Pamphlets
Card College Volume 3, Sealed
David Harkey, Simply Harkey
Racherbaumer/Marlo, Arcade Dreams
Lewis Ganson; The Magic of Slydini. One volume published in 1980 by Supreme Magic
Peter Duffies Card Compulsions.

The Hierophant, Volumes 1-7
The Topit Handbook by Patrick Page
Foundations for Gospel Magicians by Steve Dawson
Milson-Worth, Catalog 3
Jaspernese Thumb Tie by Jay Marshall
Nick Trost: Coinmans Packet of 20 impromptu coin tricks
Majoke; Magic Magazine Parody

Tricks
Paul Harris: Screwed Deck
David Williamson: Aunt Marys Terrible Secret
Dj vu Deck by David Regal
Penultimate (with matching pen) by Collectors Workshop
Magic Mints / The Amazing Candy Trick

Still Left:

DVD's
Keone; Extreme Cuts. (Autographed) Retail $34.95 For Sale $16
Yves Doumergue; Ripped and Restored. Retail $34.95 For Sale $16
Shoot Ogawa; Ninja Rings. Retail $29.95 For Sale $15
Daryl; Encyclopedia of Card Sleights, Volume 5 (Still Sealed). Retail $34.95 For Sale $18

Meir Yedids Finger Fantasies For Sale $5
Exhibition Card Fans by Goodette Dodson For Sale $2
The Act by Senor Mardo For Sale $2
The Dice and Purse by Barry Govan For Sale $2
Close Up, French Style; by Bernard Billis For Sale $10
Meir Yedid/Shinko Nagisas Twisting Arm Illusion For Sale $4
Jerry Mentzer: The Magic of Paul Harris For Sale $12
Gert Malmros; The Disappearing Aces For Sale $2
Jerry Mentzer; Club Clues For Sale $4

Tricks
Omega Ring Flite by Bob Solari - For Sale $10

Dice Through Mirror by Magic Makers; Retail $45 For Sale $20
The Effect:
The performer shows a wallet with a small square in the middle. A mirror, attached to a ribbon is passed around for inspection, then inserted into the wallet. A die (singular for dice) is also inspected. The die is placed in the square in the wallet, then, bit by bit, it very slowly sinks until it completely penetrates the mirror and drops to the floor. The die and mirror are once more passed round for examination.

Himber Wallet (3 X 5 ) with booklet of 21 routines For Sale $4

Divination Boxes. For Sale $ 8
(Two brass? cylinders will hold a small item. Spectator puts item in one of the cylinders and magician always knows which one.)

Pencil penetration through dollar bill by Udays magic world For Sale $3

Jardine Ellis Ring with booklet For Sale $2

Magic Rattle box; Retail $15 For Sale $5
Eyes Vs. Ears in the battle of the century. Penguin's hottest new pocket trick.

Thanks,

Gary

Postby Guest » June 27th, 2005, 4:30 pm

hi, did anyone purchase anything from this post and if so did you have problems getting your items. i paid for 2 items on 6/1 and still have not recv'd them. now i am having problems getting a response.

-
Subject: Re: post on genii
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:19:22 -0500
To:

it is 6/23 and this still has not arrived. could you pls provide me your shipping zip code so could check to see how long it would take to get here via media mail...thanks....

krusefamily wrote 6/11/2005:

> It was shipped via media mail on Monday. I imagine that it will be in your grasp by this Monday. Let me know,
>
> Gary
>
> From: gino
> Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 8:36 PM
> To: Kruse Family
> Subject: Re: post on genii
>
> Hi Gary,
> i paid for this via paypal on 6/1. could you pls verify if this has shipped....
>
> thank you...
>
> gino

> Kruse Family wrote:
>
>> Gino,
>>
>> Please let me know soon whether you want these or not. I'd like to release them from being on hold if you don't want them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> From: gino [mailto:ggarcia36@satx.rr.com]
>> Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 7:10 PM
>> To:
>> Subject: post on genii
>>
>> gary,
>> saw your post on genii. would the items below still be available.
>>
>> Yves Doumergue; Ripped and Restored. Retail $34.95 For Sale $16
>> Shoot Ogawa; Ninja Rings. Retail $29.95 For Sale $15
>>
>> thank you...gino
>>

Jake Austin

Postby Jake Austin » June 27th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Gino,

You haven't received a reply to your latest e-mail due to a family emergency in the Kruse family.

If Gary said he mailed it, I guarantee 100% that it has been mailed. Be at ease. You will receive the items you paid for.

Jake Austin

Postby Guest » June 28th, 2005, 5:16 am

Jake, thank you for your reply. i will continue to keep my eye out for it and i hope everything with the kruse family is ok....

Postby Guest » June 30th, 2005, 8:50 pm

Gino,

I have sent you an email with a scan of the post office receipt showing that your package was sent on Jun 2nd. It was sent insured and the package ID is 0618 as you can see from the scan. Please check your home and make sure your family didn't set it aside someplace for you. (My family does this to me every once in a while so that they can surprise me on a relaxing Sunday with a book that I had ordered in the past.)

Postby Guest » August 1st, 2005, 8:14 pm

hi gary, i never recvd the package. i took a copy of the receipt you sent me to the post office but they told me you had to file the claim. if you dont mind could you pls file the claim. sorry about this hassle. i cant remember the last time i purchased something to where the package got lost. thank you...gino

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”