Wanted: Ramsey Cylinder & Coins

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Pete Biro

Re: Wanted: Ramsey Cylinder & Coins

Postby Pete Biro » August 13th, 2002, 6:31 pm

Mike: Doesn't EVERYTHING play well when presented well? Heheheheh... :D
Stay tooned.

Tony Baronio

Postby Tony Baronio » August 29th, 2002, 2:31 pm

Can anyone lead me in the direction of were I can find the leather cylinder for the routine? I have everything else but.

Thanks,
Tony

Postby Guest » August 29th, 2002, 8:48 pm

Originally posted by Tony Baronio:
Can anyone lead me in the direction of were I can find the leather cylinder for the routine? I have everything else but.

Thanks,
Tony
Head to www.dennymagic.com and type into the search engine "Thomas Wayne". You will find Thomas' leather cylinders described:

"From Thomas Wayne comes a beautiful all leather cylinder for the Ramsey Coins and Cylinder routine. This black leather cylinder stands 2 5/8" high with rolled and stitched ends and comes with two wooden cocobolo wood end caps to keep your cylinder in perfect shape for many years. It is the perfect cylinder for use with the Silver Dollar size Coins and Cylinder routine." (or you a can get half dollar size coin one)

Tony Baronio

Postby Tony Baronio » August 30th, 2002, 5:49 am

Thanks Dan for the info. I'm on wy way to Denny's right now!

Tony

Doug Brewer

Postby Doug Brewer » August 30th, 2002, 8:34 am

I have a question for Mr. De Camps. There is a point at the beginning of the Cylinder routine where the cork is dropped back into an (apparently) empty cylinder held in the hand, but is in fact dropped on top of the coin stack (while the second cork is brought out from under the cylinder as if it passed through). I would be afraid of some "talking" at this point (with a lifesaver) as it hit the coin stack. Is this a problem? If so, how do you cover the noise? Is your voice enough to cover the sound? I like the idea of a lifesaver, but this one point in the routine would make me concerned.

Postby Guest » January 31st, 2003, 6:30 pm

Hey guys I just posted a review of Thomas Wayne's professionally crafted Ramsay Cylinder and Coins props at http://www.coinvanish.com.

If you are looking for some very nice looking props be sure to take a look.

Dan

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » January 31st, 2003, 8:29 pm

Dan;
Thanks for the informative review. I always enjoy seeing how others solve various construction concerns. Thomas can be counted upon to do an excellent job and it looks like he has come through again. The real question: Have you mastered the routine with Thomas' equipment yet?
Jim

Postby Guest » January 31st, 2003, 9:32 pm

Originally posted by Jim Riser:
The real question: Have you mastered the routine with Thomas' equipment yet?
Jim
Can I perform it deceptively yet? Yes. Mastered it? Not even close.

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2003, 12:26 am

Originally posted by Jim Riser:
Dan;
Thanks for the informative review. I always enjoy seeing how others solve various construction concerns. Thomas can be counted upon to do an excellent job and it looks like he has come through again. The real question: Have you mastered the routine with Thomas' equipment yet?
Jim
I personally put in over a year on the first C&C routine I learned before I ever performed it in public. That year included hundreds of rehearsals (perhaps over a thousand) including more than one hundred videotaped rehearsals. Obsessive? Maybe, but this routine - in its several current incarnations - is worth that kind of devotion and commitment to excellence.

I know several top guys who perform it on a regular bassis and any one of them would spend a few hours on any given day discussing the various and subtle nuances of their favorite version (in fact, several HAVE done so with me over the last few months).

The question was about MASTERING the routine... but the REAL question should be, does anyone EVER master this routine? Bob Kohler, who taught me the current version I do, has been performing the Cylinder and Coins for many, many years; nevertheless, just the other day he shared his latest ideas for a new "even better" version.

If you love this routine as much as I (and others) do, you'll never truly "master" it.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne

Sean Macfarlane

Postby Sean Macfarlane » February 1st, 2003, 5:25 am

Hi Thomas, do you have your cylinders available now? I know you must be really busy with the holdout still? Cheers.

Gene B

Postby Gene B » February 1st, 2003, 8:00 am

I've heard that Galloway has recently released videos or DVD's on C&C.

Anyone know a source to obtain??

Thanks,

Gene B

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2003, 9:49 am

Hey Gene, the source for those videos and a link to them are right in that review I wrote on the Cylinder and Coins props. Its www.internationalmagic.com. They are videos.

Dan

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2003, 6:51 pm

Because of the marked increase in inquiries I've received about the Cylinder and Coin sets I thought I should mention that I only make the pinned stacks *in conjunction* with cylinder orders. As I've told a number of magicians who are requesting JUST the pinned stacks, I really only make them to go with the complete set.

Since I'm not in the gaffed coin business it doesn't make much sense for me to set up to make the stacks only; after the cost of the coins there's very little reward and the coins are a pain to acquire. Meanwhile, if you're only looking for the coin stack, there are much simpler resources available.

My recommendation to those who only need the coins is to go to Todd Lassen, (563) 323-3048. If you need the entire set with Cylinder, end caps AND coins I will be happy to accommodate you, but if you only need the coins, call Todd. That's his specialty.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2003, 9:05 pm

Mr. Wayne,

Do you ever make the cylinders in colors other than black?

Thanks,

Geoff
(Posting this here because others might like to know)

Postby Guest » February 2nd, 2003, 4:08 am

Originally posted by Geoff Latta:
Mr. Wayne,

Do you ever make the cylinders in colors other than black?

Thanks,

Geoff
(Posting this here because others might like to know)
MANY other colors; it just depends on the availability of the leather from my supplier. I also make them in various snakeskins, lizard and other exotic hides.

Black calf, kid and/or lambskin seem the favorite by far, however.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » February 2nd, 2003, 12:49 pm

The Galloway tapes are definitely worth getting and easy to get from International Magic.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » April 23rd, 2003, 12:27 pm

I just received a dollar size leather cylinder (with cocobolo end caps), a coin stack, and an ebony wand with silver ferrules that Thomas Wayne crafted. If you're looking for some beautifully constructed items for the coins and cylinder routine, look no further!

Postby Guest » April 23rd, 2003, 1:54 pm

I also received a nice package from Thomas Wayne two days ago. What great stuff. The leather cylinder is a beauty: such a nice contrast between the black leather and the richly colored Cocobolo caps. The three coin Morgan stack is very well done. The use of a shell as the top coin sure gives the stack plenty of inside space. I also received the wallet for the U3F and what a nice complement to this great gaff set. The best piece in the package is the same custom wand Thomas made for Bill Malone. At $325 it sounds expensive for a wand, but what a wand to behold and well worth it.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”