Vernon's Private Note Book

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.

Vernon's Private Note Book

Postby Guest » December 19th, 2002, 9:04 pm

Strictly a 'collectable' item, not enough detail to perform most of the material. A little booklet, 4 inches by about 6, black cardboard covers,abouty 15 enamel pages in Vernon's handwriting, closing with 4 hand-printed pages of "Leipzig's Act" ('small table,chair one each side, enters wearing Tuxedo; "Ladies and Gentlemen, I will show you a few simple novelties, using no apparatus what-so-ever, only my hands." Preceding 2 pages,are Mora's Act, Balls in the Net, "Ladies and Gentlemen: I am going to show you on of the finest examples of pure sleight of hand you have ever seen. (not so "Silent" Mora)..." Malinis's Act (Florida Hotel), he simply lists 7 effects involved; a Full Dice Routine' a list of 11 (his favorites?), under teh title" Hofzinser Effects" Re- printed in 1987, probably out of print.
Sales price $65.00, $2.00 postage. Marty Kaplan

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Vernon's Private Note Book

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 19th, 2002, 9:27 pm

Marty, this was the bonus that came with the deluxe edition of volume one of "The Vernon Chronicles." I immediately noticed, upon seeing it, that the publisher had printed it with the pages IN THE WRONG ORDER!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

pduffie

Postby pduffie » December 20th, 2002, 3:48 am

"I immediately noticed, upon seeing it, that the publisher had printed it with the pages IN THE WRONG ORDER!"

Does that make it more collectible? :-)

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2002, 11:05 am

Peter,
What a clever insight! I don't know. I KNOW it would with numismatists or philatelists but as a conjuring collectible, d.k. But thanks. I can at least think along those lines.
Marty J.K.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”