Where is John Bannon?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Ricky Difeo

Where is John Bannon?

Postby Ricky Difeo » August 19th, 2003, 8:11 am

Hi! I love the work of J. Bannon. I have the 2 books of him (Imposibilia and Smoke and Mirror) and your videos.
But I want to say if John Bannon is working. Where? If is writting books or making videos (or convention of magician).

Thank
Ricardo Difeo
La Plata - Buenos Aires - Argentina

Chris Aguilar

Re: Where is John Bannon?

Postby Chris Aguilar » August 19th, 2003, 10:10 am

John lives in Chicago I believe.

His next book is being worked on and is tentatively titled "Dear Mr. Fantasy".

I read somewhere that Joshua Jay is editing the new book, but I have no verification of that.

Jeffrey Cowan
Favorite Magician: Bob Kohler & Tim Conover

Postby Jeffrey Cowan » August 19th, 2003, 10:16 am

John is very busy these days with his family and a trial that he says will consume most of his time this fall -- and which appear to control over urgings from old buddies that he attend LVMI.
-- Jeffrey Cowan
www.cowan-law.com

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » August 19th, 2003, 11:25 am

Some discouraging news about the release of the new Bannon book. Josuha Jay lectured in the area this weekend. In speaking to him Joshua mentioned he was editing the book for John and had finished.The discouraging news is that the photos/illustrations have not been done yet. It appears it will be a while before it sees the light of day. (It is going to be self published.)

Ricky Difeo

Postby Ricky Difeo » August 19th, 2003, 4:43 pm

Thank Friends!!!

I will wait for the new book. I love you work in magic and presentation of effect.
Inform to me any novelty on the new book and when and where it will leave for sale.-

Thank from Argentina Thanks to all those that answered me and they gave me informatiom.- :)

Jeffrey Cowan
Favorite Magician: Bob Kohler & Tim Conover

Postby Jeffrey Cowan » September 2nd, 2003, 1:48 am

I talked to John Bannon yesterday, who reports that the lengthy business trial he has just started is causing him to estimate that his new book will be ready and available during the last weekend of April in 2004. That would be just in time for a certain annual gathering in a small hamlet in New York. . . :cool:
-- Jeffrey Cowan

www.cowan-law.com

luigimar

Postby luigimar » September 2nd, 2003, 1:06 pm

:) In the meantime you could check www.conjurenation.com (if you are a member) where he recently (last week) posted a trick that will be part of his new book. Its name is "Last Man Standing" and it's an in the hands Triumph effect. This is being discussed in another thread on this same Genii site so you might want to check it out. The bad news about this is that you have to become a member of the Conjure Nation site and Chris (the owner) is on vacation and will be back next week. The site is being taken care of but they can't give any memberships, only Chris. I already have printed the effect for my personal use and I don't think we can post it here without Chris's and John Bannon's permission. Sorry about that. :(

:genii: luigimar
luigimar

Tommy Brown

Postby Tommy Brown » September 2nd, 2003, 8:33 pm

"Last Man Standing" has certainly become one of the most popular topics over at ConjureNation. We really appreciate Mr. Bannon for sharing it. You can still sign up for membership while Chris is away, but he will not be able to activate them until at least sometime next week.

Tommy
Tommy

Postby Guest » September 7th, 2003, 7:48 pm

Does anyone know if the book is going to be all cards or a mixture of stuff?

Thanks
Joe

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » September 7th, 2003, 8:20 pm

I seem to recall John saying it would be ungaffed card stuff with the exception of one gaffed packet trick. My memory could be failing me though...

Nope!

Found it.

Written by John Bannon

While not the magnum opus Cardzilla (that one must come later), Dear Mr. Fantasy will be all card tricks and all done with a regular deck (except for one packet trick).

learachel

Postby learachel » July 12th, 2004, 1:03 am

Hmm... is there any update to the book?

Return to “Buzz”