Invisible Thread

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Invisible Thread

Postby MaxNY » November 10th, 2002, 6:51 am

I would love to say that the following clues were deciphered me, but were actually in Thursday's New York Post.
---The clues will lead to a 25 Karat solid gold orb, and Blaine's cell number. Blaine will show up with a check for $100,000, and you get to keep the orb. (Anybody got his cell number? Call him, and I will tail him to the orb!)
---Page 200. Tetris-like shapes appear on a picture of Manhattan buildings. Blaine says "Turn them counterclockwise and look at the building at the bottom of the page and pretend that they're all capital letters except they're cut in half"
A WONDERFUL......PEERS
---PT Barnum "innovative, nervy, Audacious-somewhat typical of New Englanders" you get IN A STONE. The orb is hidden in a stone, not buried. Anywhere in the U.S., "you can drive there"
---"The further you plan ahead, the more effective your game or magic will be" Think Chess.
---The following clues come from Steve Cohen. Blaine may have taken a leaf from the Kit Williams book "Masquerade" This had to do with paintings hidden somewhere in England. I also believe Blaine suggested this as an inspriration at Magic Live.
---"Mysterious Stranger" is a name penned by Mark Twain, about a wandering stranger who happens to be Satan.
---Edgar Allan Poe's story "The Gold Bug" may teach you about transforming letters and symbols into words.
---Look into the first words or letters of each caption. I also believe Blaine tipped this at Magic Live.
---Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, had golden tickets.
---I noticed that each clip art of the keys are different.

Craig Matsuoka

Re: Invisible Thread

Postby Craig Matsuoka » November 10th, 2002, 6:00 pm

Blaine's site has a forum contains oodles of speculation & discovery. Beats me why anyone would want to share their findings with the rest of the world.

Click here for "Mysterious Stranger" forum

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » November 10th, 2002, 8:02 pm

Actually, the book "Masquerade" was a book of enigmatic paintings. They concealed clues that led to the location of a buried treasure in England (a gold rabbit).

It was a very big deal at the time, and there was a book written about the creation of the puzzles and the response to them, as well as explaining how the puzzles worked and how the winner figured it out and found the treasure.

This was in the early 80's, and has been the inspiration for all of the various contests since. A good fan site about Masquerade and Kit Willams is at:
http://www.bunnyears.net/kitwilliams/

Jeff

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » November 15th, 2002, 8:52 pm

I'm SOOOO hot on his trail. Blaine, if you are reading this , (and I know you are) I've got you figured out.
---I was so sure of two locations today, that my knees started to tremble both times. I have a feeling it is in either place, I have others working for me, kind of a partnership, 50/50. The places are too... difficult for me to search.
---One place was under a stone, lots of orbs found, but mostly crystal... a very mystical place too!
---I may be willing to part with some of the earnings if you can come up with perhaps a password that might score with these people...
---In one place I actually found a fiberglass "mock" stone... turned it over, only to read.... Rodent Hotel. Rats check in, but they can't check out! So, you all must be laughing, but I got some guy turning over Rodent Motels, all night!! 50/50... Ahhhhh, the lawsuits!
---I might be willing to spare a few clues, but you must meet me at the Target barge, 23rd street, (I'll be the one making balloon animals)
Sat. 10a-4p. Sun. 10a-4p, Mon. noon- 4p.
---This other guy, Tarquo the Great...page 86-90.
Nobody in New York knows this guy. Can anybody make out the phone number on the Shine Deli? Where would they use a Teleplex phone booth? He, will you guys check the end credits of Vertigo, and see if they credited Tarquo... perhaps used his real name. Maybe the orb is.... Swing by Chelsea Piers, and I'll tell you how I think this guy is pulled in...Max

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 15th, 2002, 9:02 pm

Hey Max, David Blaine does not read The Genii Forum.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » November 15th, 2002, 9:28 pm

Richard

How can you be so sure? He could easily read the threads as a guest, no? Judging from his book, his reading tastes seem to be pretty eclectic.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 15th, 2002, 9:39 pm

I'm sure because I asked! :)

Postby Guest » November 15th, 2002, 9:48 pm

wow Richard, great response! Marty J Kaplan

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » November 16th, 2002, 3:34 am

Kalush does...
---Hey, I've got some great new ideas...Can anybody help with with his mother's FULL name? Or, exactly where they lived.
---I am thinking Tar Cue. Like a Street Clue.

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » November 18th, 2002, 6:49 pm

Richard, I just Googled Tarque the Great, and they mention him as being in the DVD. Can anyone out there (who has the DVD) tell us about Tarque? Nobody in NY knows this guy. Max

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 18th, 2002, 7:58 pm

There is no Tarque the Great--I think that much is clear.
He was not on the DVD as far as I could see, however I didn't watch it more than once. He might well be seen standing there in some shot, perhaps on a rock?

Raj

Postby Raj » November 19th, 2002, 12:57 am

Tarquo the Great is a character David Blaine plays on the Showman DVD.

Blaine put on some make up and some padded clothes taking to the street for a little cameo. Someone has registered under the name in the Magic Cafe and used a picture from the DVD.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_p ... &user=2512

Hope this helps the treasure seekers.

Raj
Last edited by Raj on October 3rd, 2013, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » November 19th, 2002, 5:48 am

Raj, thanks! I will keep you in mind when I win! Really, these things all help... so can anybody help me with the Montesori school he attended? Does anyone know if his mother is buried somewhere...

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » November 19th, 2002, 8:44 pm

Boy, I got into a bit of trouble today, seems that nobody wants to talk... They just hang up the phone. All I wanted to ask was two questions.
---There was something interesting I read on another Treasure thread...Howard hughes has three pictures in the book, and is not mentioned once??
---I ran into a David Blaine age 34 from Hopewell Junction...My old stomping grounds! Home of Anne Liebowitz.
---If all the clues are "inside of the book", somebody tear the thing to shreads, maybe the map is secretly hidden inside the cover. (Remember me if you win).
---Kid brother doesn't Google. What do you think his last name is...? White, Bukalo, or Blaine?

Return to “Buzz”