3rd most popular clip on digg.com

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jerry Harrell

3rd most popular clip on digg.com

Postby Jerry Harrell » December 14th, 2006, 6:53 am

Re: 3rd most popular clip on digg.com

Postby Guest » December 14th, 2006, 10:11 am

Originally posted by Jerry Harrell:
http://www.metacafe.co.il/watch/334134/ ... evelation/
So?

All it does is demonstrate how pisspoor ellusionist are.

Jerry Harrell

Postby Jerry Harrell » December 14th, 2006, 11:27 am

So? I don't care about the quality. What is sad about this is that it is explaination of method as a hot link on one of the most visited geek sites in the world. Share the link to as many performance clips as you want, even the impossible stuff from Japan, but spare the wider world the explainations. Is this the 21st century version of Camel's It's Fun to Be Fooled ads?

Jim Morton

Postby Jim Morton » December 14th, 2006, 11:38 am

:::sigh:::

That's just sad for a whole bunch of reasons.

Postby Guest » December 14th, 2006, 12:49 pm

So? I don't care about the quality. What is sad about this is that it is explaination of method as a hot link on one of the most visited geek sites in the world. Share the link to as many performance clips as you want, even the impossible stuff from Japan, but spare the wider world the explainations. Is this the 21st century version of Camel's It's Fun to Be Fooled ads?
I'm not sure if you are concerned that it was on digg, or concerned that it was exposure of a really basic and not very good trick..

Eitherway, its not on the first 7 pages of digg now, only had about 150 diggs when it was on the home page anyway, which is nothing. And is very likely to just disappear.

Although there are often magic exposure videos on digg, probably because geeks like knowing how things work.

I can see nothing to be concerned about either way.

Postby Guest » December 14th, 2006, 1:49 pm

I think the only people who bother watching these exposure things are those wanting to learn a few tricks -- which might lead to a more serious interest in magic -- and magicians who think it spells the end of their art. Most people just won't bother watching or will forget the details as soon as they do.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » December 15th, 2006, 2:54 am

So THAT's the Braue Reversal. And to think I've been doing it incorrectly all these years. And how would Mr. Elusionist perform a Half Pass?

This kind of 'exposure' on sites like this are as damaging as exposing the 21 Card Trick.

Matt Field

Postby Guest » December 15th, 2006, 11:32 am

http://www.metacafe.co.il/watch/334134/ ... evelation/
One of the best ways to combat exposure of this type is to not post linke telling people about the site doing the exposing

Postby Guest » December 16th, 2006, 4:07 am

Originally posted by Matthew Field:
So THAT's the Braue Reversal. And to think I've been doing it incorrectly all these years.
Matt Field
I'm with you, Matt. I'm incredibly embarrassed about my ignorance. Thank God I didn't show people my handling on the internet...

Return to “Buzz”