Reprints Now Shipping! Sankey, Swami, Burger

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Reprints Now Shipping! Sankey, Swami, Burger

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 10th, 2001, 8:12 am

The reprints of Sankey Panky, Swami/Mantra, and Burger's Mastering the Art of Magic are all shipping now. Order your copies on the Kaufman and Company portion of the Genii website.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Dan Magyari

Re: Reprints Now Shipping! Sankey, Swami, Burger

Postby Dan Magyari » October 10th, 2001, 2:44 pm

Richard, I am not familiar with the original release of Swami/Mantra. In the ad in Genii there is no description. Would you mind briefly touching on its contents, who the author is, etc. Thank you.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 10th, 2001, 4:12 pm

Dan, Swami/Mantra is a reprint of the complete files of both magazines as originally published by Sam Dalal in India. They contain a large assortment of material, including mentalism, tricks of all kinds, and yogic-type stunts. There are hundreds of items described.
Hope that helps.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 11th, 2001, 7:28 am

The reprints of Sankey Panky, Swami/Mantra, and Burger's Mastering the Art of Magic
are all shipping now. Order your copies on the Kaufman and Company portion of the
Genii website.

Postby Guest » November 13th, 2001, 2:52 pm

Hi Richard,
I was just curious to know why the typos in Burger's Mastering The Art Of Magic weren't corrected in the second printing? Thanks!

Jeremy Medows

Postby Jeremy Medows » November 13th, 2001, 4:14 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
Dan, Swami/Mantra is a reprint of the complete files of both magazines as originally published by Sam Dalal in India. They contain a large assortment of material, including mentalism, tricks of all kinds, and yogic-type stunts. There are hundreds of items described.
Hope that helps.

Richard, while seldom done lately (or perhaps I've just overlooked it), when most magic books are now published, the ads are quite skimpy. Where are the trick listings? Where are the descriptions of the better effects? For example, the new reprints that you're selling have pretty skimpy ads on your website. The ad for the new Paul Curry book on the Hermetic Press website is pretty skimpy too.

I love reading the long ads and they have helped me make my purchasing decisions. Is there a long description out there for Swami Mantra? If so, please point it out to me. I couldn't find one on your site or on some of the major dealers websites. BTW, I placed a pre-order (with one of my favorite dealers) for the Lost Notebooks of Hiliard based on the long content listsing that you posted a while ago in the Genii Forum.

Best,
Jeremy

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: Jeremy Medows ]

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » November 13th, 2001, 6:01 pm

Originally posted by Jeremy Medows:

Where are the descriptions of the better effects? For example, the new reprints that you're selling have pretty skimpy ads on your website.

Good point! I was very interested in the AoA books but having purchased, read, sold and given away about a dozen Paul Harris books over the years I wasn't sure I wanted to plunk down the money until I found a website that detailed every effect in all three volumes. That helped me decide that I wanted at least two of them...

Given how cheap it is to publish on a webpage (300 words costs about the same as 30) I would think this would be a great sales tool.

:D

Return to “Kaufman & Company”