The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
John M. Dale

The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser

Postby John M. Dale » December 18th, 2021, 4:52 am

Hi, Richard,

Any plans to reprint The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser?

JMD

Fredrick
Favorite Magician: Eugene Burger

Re: The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser

Postby Fredrick » December 19th, 2021, 8:51 am

John

There’s a copy on the Kenna Thompson auction with little activity so far: https://ktmagicauction.com/Listing/Deta ... arry-Riser

All the best,
~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic..." ~ Michael Moschen
The Jinx Companion

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 20th, 2021, 5:43 pm

No plans to reprint it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

John M. Dale

Postby John M. Dale » December 21st, 2021, 4:12 am

Fredrick wrote:John

There’s a copy on the Kenna Thompson auction with little activity so far: https://ktmagicauction.com/Listing/Deta ... arry-Riser

All the best,
~ Fredrick

Thanks for the info but I just missed it.

JMD

Jackpot

Postby Jackpot » December 21st, 2021, 11:00 am

I purchased both Riser books from Byron Walker. I don't know if he has more or not, but you could ask. Here's a link for his website. (He has much more than the items listed on his site.)

https://www.byronwalkermagicbooks.com
Not the one who created the Potter Index.

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » December 22nd, 2021, 4:34 am

I have a copy in very good condition that I am willing to part with.

100 Clams

MarcoTX

Postby MarcoTX » January 3rd, 2022, 2:26 pm

Need to double check at home (it's in a box at the moment), but i have one of the harry riser books still shrink wrapped.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

John M. Dale

Postby John M. Dale » January 3rd, 2022, 7:59 pm

Edward Pungot wrote:I have a copy in very good condition that I am willing to part with.

100 Clams

Thanks for the reply, Edward. I'm seriously considering your offer. However, it's a bit higher than I was hoping for. Not trying to start a price war but MarcoTX may have a copy and I have another lead. If neither pans out, I'll likely be in touch. Does the price you're asking include shipping? (I'm in Vancouver, WA 98686) If not what would be your estimate for shipping?

MarcoTX wrote:Need to double check at home (it's in a box at the moment), but i have one of the harry riser books still shrink wrapped.

MarcoTX,

Like I said above, I'm not trying to start a price war, but would like to minimize my cost if possible. Please post a reply if you do have a copy with the price you'd like to get for it.

JMD

kkelly

Postby kkelly » January 3rd, 2022, 8:29 pm

100 clams is reasonable!

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » January 3rd, 2022, 11:43 pm

Hi John,
My price is firm and will include media mail shipping via USPS. I will weatherproof, bubble-wrap, and reinforce in a sturdy box for safe and secure shipping.

sprongshift@gmail.com

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 4th, 2022, 11:46 am

Anybody wanting to sell ANYTHING must list full name, address, email address, and phone number. Otherwise all posts will be deleted.

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » January 4th, 2022, 12:58 pm

The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser - VG
Offer: $100 - Includes Media Mail Shipping
Edward Pungot
9122 Angell St.
Downey, CA 90242
sprongshift@gmail.com

MarcoTX

Re: RE: Re: The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser

Postby MarcoTX » January 4th, 2022, 1:55 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Anybody wanting to sell ANYTHING must list full name, address, email address, and phone number. Otherwise all posts will be deleted.
Sorry Richard, please go ahead and delete my post then. I'm not prepared to post my home address on a public forum (in a private message or over email is a different thing). The hackers already have enough information as is.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » January 4th, 2022, 3:48 pm

MarcoTX -- FWIW, this has been the policy on the Genii Forum for nearly 20 years. I've never heard of anyone having a problem from having posted their contact info here -- I guess hackers don't read magic forums.

(Besides, it's not like this information is hard to find -- it took all of two minutes to locate your address on the Travis County Tax Assessor's website.)

MarcoTX

Re: RE: Re: The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser

Postby MarcoTX » January 4th, 2022, 4:45 pm

Bill Mullins wrote:MarcoTX -- FWIW, this has been the policy on the Genii Forum for nearly 20 years. I've never heard of anyone having a problem from having posted their contact info here -- I guess hackers don't read magic forums.

(Besides, it's not like this information is hard to find -- it took all of two minutes to locate your address on the Travis County Tax Assessor's website.)
Hey bill, no worries. I've never sold anything here, only bought so far :) was a bit surprised to see the rule. You finding my information so easy unfortunately shows that not even the government is interested in protecting my privacy apparently lol and maybe i shouldn't care since nothing is safe anyway these days. I guess this explains why I need a pin to file my taxes every year, heh.

Either way, i shouldn't be posting on this thread anyway and instead create my own if i understood the rules right (unless this isn't considered piggy backing because it's a different book by a different author?) :)

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » January 4th, 2022, 4:54 pm

I got a PM after the post above:

"It only took a couple of minutes to find yours on Woodbine too Bill, but it kinda freaks people out when you do that."
(I responded that if you go to Google Street View, you can see my pickup truck.)

Freaking anyone out was not my intention, but people should realize that a person's address is generally not hard to find.

15-20 years ago, our club hosted Lee Earle for a lecture. One of his requirements was that his hotel have internet service (not always a given in those days). He would use it to find "personal" details (like the color of one's vehicle) about people he expected to see at shows, performances, etc., to demonstrate his mental powers.

John M. Dale

Postby John M. Dale » January 6th, 2022, 3:53 pm

kkelly wrote:100 clams is reasonable!

If anyone thought I consider $100 to be an outrageous price for this fine volume of magic, that was not my intention.

However, having recently retired, I try to find the most economical way to accomplish things. I'm also not a collector; my interest is the information in my books and, while I attempt to take care of them, minor(or even major) damage doesn't devalue the information. So, as long as a book is readable, I'm willing to acquire a less than perfect copy at a lower price when I can.

My thanks, again, Edward, for your kind offer to sell your copy. I'm going to search a bit longer but if I'm unsuccessful, I'll likely contact you to see if it's still available and to see if you've raised your price. And thank you, MarcoTX for looking to see if you had a copy available.

JMD

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » January 7th, 2022, 11:09 am

Asking price won't fluctuate on you and will hold at 100. Potential funds from the sale of this book will go towards the future purchase of Mr. Jennings Takes it Tough. If I were on a dessert island, I would take Jennings with me for company.

MarcoTX

Postby MarcoTX » January 7th, 2022, 3:10 pm

Hey Richard... Since "Mr. Jennings Likes It Tough"was mentioned... :) I'm not actually aware of the planned timeline (appreciate all your hard work!!!).

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 7th, 2022, 3:55 pm

Years in the future after Greater Magic.

John M. Dale

Postby John M. Dale » March 5th, 2022, 2:23 am

He shoots and he scores!! THANK YOU, Edward.

You are a scholar and a gentleman.

JMD

Return to “Kaufman & Company”