eBooks

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
mrmagik68
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

eBooks

Postby mrmagik68 » September 1st, 2021, 12:20 pm

Hello Richard,

I can't recall if this question ever came up before. Have you ever considered making some of your older, out-of-print books available as eBooks/PDFs? I know Harry Loryane has done this with Conjuring Arts Research and probably a few others. Not knowing anything about the publishing world, I'd think the risk to you would be minimal versus reprinting some of these titles. Your thoughts? Thank you.

Roberto

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: eBooks

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 1st, 2021, 12:34 pm

I have given this consideration for a number of years. There are definitely books of mine that will never be reprinted, and will be made available as ebooks. However, one has to have excellent scans made of them (not like the hideous scans that were made of the L&L books), and one also needs a website capable of delivering them. At the moment I have neither! :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

mrmagik68
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Re: eBooks

Postby mrmagik68 » September 1st, 2021, 2:55 pm

That makes a lot of sense. I've seen those poorly scanned books where the end result leaves a lot to be desired. Well, it's comforting to know that the thought is still alive in your mind. I think your past writings will be of tremendous value to magicians of the current and future era of magic. Thanks Richard!

Roberto

Return to “Kaufman & Company”