Frank Garcia reprints?

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

Frank Garcia reprints?

Postby Guest » November 9th, 2005, 1:01 pm

Does anyone know if there are any Frank Garcia reprints in the works?

Maybe by Kaufman books?

David Acer

Re: Frank Garcia reprints?

Postby David Acer » November 9th, 2005, 1:59 pm

Hi Pierre,

My understanding is that Frank Garcia's estate will not release/sell the books for reprint, although I'm sure that offers have been made (I remember hearing something about George Schindler taking a run at it). I don't know if they're holding out for the right price or if they're just not interested.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Postby Guest » November 9th, 2005, 2:19 pm

Hi David.

Thank you for the update.

Im presently working my way through your new book "Random Acts of Magic". Theres a lot of really commercial material in it and I think its a great book.

Keep them coming.

Oliver Corpuz

Postby Oliver Corpuz » November 9th, 2005, 2:23 pm

on Feb. 24, 2002 Richard Kaufman said this on a discussion on The Encyclopedia of Spongball magic in the Magic History and Anecdotes section:

"Frank Garcia's book on Spongeball magic is tied up in litigation between his son and the woman he was married to when he died. All of his books are out of print and will continue to remain so until the legal dispute is settled. Unfortunately Frank died without leaving a will, which left things open to dispute."

David Acer

Postby David Acer » November 9th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Originally posted by Oliver Corpuz:
on Feb. 24, 2002 Richard Kaufman said this on a discussion on The Encyclopedia of Spongball magic in the Magic History and Anecdotes section:

"Frank Garcia's book on Spongeball magic is tied up in litigation between his son and the woman he was married to when he died. All of his books are out of print and will continue to remain so until the legal dispute is settled. Unfortunately Frank died without leaving a will, which left things open to dispute."
When Gary Ouellet died, ownership of all his publications was also suddenly up in the air. Fortunately, Guy Camirand was able to settle with Gary's wife, but it serves as a sobering reminder to put this stuff in writing while you can.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Return to “General”