milson worth

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.
Bogd19

milson worth

Postby Bogd19 » January 24th, 2008, 5:16 pm

Trying to find out more about this company making tricks. I have a milson worth trick and m trying to figure out if it was before milson. I will email some pictures to anyone who would like to help. thanks

Rennie

Re: milson worth

Postby Rennie » January 25th, 2008, 8:29 am

Michael,
What do you mean, "before Milson" ??
Give me a description and will check my M-W catalog
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

George Guerra
Favorite Magician: Ed Marlo

Re: milson worth

Postby George Guerra » January 25th, 2008, 12:06 pm

The following history comes from the back page of the Milson-Worth catalogue and may answer the reference to "before milson"...

In the early sixties, Jim Simon manufactured quality wooden magic in Texas. He sold many of his items to Joe Berg in Chicago. When Joe Berg sold his National Magic Company and moved to Los Angeles, he persuaded Jim Simon that the climate for magic was better in California. Jim Simon moved to California and settled in Sun Valley. He renamed his company Worth Magic Novelty Company in honor of his former home. His business flourished, and he soon engaged the services of Eric C. Lewis, a well known inventor and magician.

Meanwhile, Charles Johnson was starting Johnson Products, which was to become the standard of excellence for magic coins around the world. Charlie Johnson sold Johnson Products to Sam La Porte who continues enlarging on principles established by Charlies early work. But Charlie couldnt stay retired from magic. How many can? He soon began marketing a line of close-up magic under the name of Milson Magic.

When Charlie passed away, his son Lynn, an engineer with his own career track, felt obligated to fill his fathers outstanding orders. He did so. But while he was building these items, more orders came in. So, he filled those. But while he was doing that, more orders came in. And while he was filling those

When Jim Simon passed away in 1974, Lynn Johnson, now completely hooked on creating and building quality magic products, bought Worth Magic form Jim Simons estate, merging the two companies under the name of Milson-Worth Magic. With augmented facilities Lynn set out to establish Milson-Worth as a major quality manufacturer and supplier

Return to “General”