Perverse Card To Wallet

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.
Gerald Deutsch

Perverse Card To Wallet

Postby Gerald Deutsch » November 29th, 2020, 7:33 pm

Perverse Card To Wallet

Background

One evening I was with some magician friends and one of them performed a “no palm” card to wallet which was a routine by John Luca and which appears in his book Uncovered”. I purchased that book as well as another book by John Luca called, “L>I.N.T. I was delighted with these books as I see that the author puts new thinking on some classic effects.

I changed the card to wallet effect a bit and added a Perverse Magic presentation.

Effect

1 “I have a new trick I want to try” says the magician to the young lady. “Would you take out any card.” She does. “Good. Now please sign your name across the face of the card. Good. Now put the card back into the deck and I’ll shuffle the deck. Now watch. I’m going to cut to your card. Tada!!”

The magician cuts and shows a card. “Oh wait – there’s no signature on this - - this wasn’t your card was it?” She smiles and shakes her head.

“Well, we’ll come back to it. Let me try a different trick.”

2 “Okay, this is another new trick that I want to try. Look, the top card is the 2C. I’ll put that in my wallet. The next card is the QH. I’ll pu that under this glass. Good. Now if I just snap my fingers – look – under the glass is now the 2C and in my wallet is the QH.”

3 “ Well, that worked pretty well. I just wish I could have found the card you picked. Let me try again.”. The magician cuts the deck again but again, no selected card. “What was your card?” She tells him he looks through the deck and looks confused. “That card is not in the deck! . Would you look in the wallet – I mean – I’m so confused---.”

The young lady looks through the wallet and smiles as she removes her selected card – with her signature. The magician looks confused,

Preparation

1 On top of the deck is the 2C and under that the QH (Of course any cards could be used but they should contrast with each other

2 A duplicate of the QH is in the wallet.
\

Method

The numbers below correspond to the numbers under Effect.

1` A card is selected and controlled to the top. The deck is cut but the selected card is not shown and it appears that you missed.

2 A Double Lift is done and the 2C is shown but the selected card goes into the wallet. Take care not to show the duplicate QH. Another Double Lift and the QH is shown and the 2C goes under the glass.

The duplicate QH is removed from the wallet. Take care not to show the signed selected card which is next to it.

3 No explanation needed here,

Good Perverse Magic

Grippo's Wish

Re: Perverse Card To Wallet

Postby Grippo's Wish » December 1st, 2020, 8:03 pm

Dear Mr. Gerald, thank you so much for sharing this ideas, they are wonderful.

A question: how much "perverse magic" can / should one include in an act or show? How many perverse routines would you do?

Return to “General”