Page 1 of 1

Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 2nd, 2019, 8:51 pm
by erdnasephile
Does anyone know if Revizzit is still in business? Can't get on the website for some reason.
Thanks!

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 2nd, 2019, 9:11 pm
by Richard Kaufman
Find Nick Night on Facebook and ask him.

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 2nd, 2019, 10:32 pm
by erdnasephile
Thanks. I don't have Facebook, but I was able to find his email address.

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 2nd, 2019, 10:52 pm
by Ted M
When Revizzit fizzles out, what paid-for content will people be losing?

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 2nd, 2019, 11:30 pm
by erdnasephile
The one purchase I made on Revizzit was from John Carney. When I spoke with Mr. Carney before purchasing, he promised me that if anything happened to Revizzit, he would make sure purchasers received continued access to the material they paid for.

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 3rd, 2019, 4:19 am
by remco
Hello Erdnasephile,
on the 27th of February I received a mail from John Carney.
He explained that the streaming service Revizzit has dissolved.
He transferred the videos to Vimeo and sent the acces codes to people who purchased his instructional videos.
I have the idea he had to do send all the mails manually.
If you contact him, he will be glad to help you.

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 3rd, 2019, 5:48 am
by AJM
I resolutely refused to buy any product that used the Revizzit platform.

Andrew

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 3rd, 2019, 6:02 am
by erdnasephile
remco wrote:Hello Erdnasephile,
on the 27th of February I received a mail from John Carney.
He explained that the streaming service Revizzit has dissolved.
He transferred the videos to Vimeo and sent the acces codes to people who purchased his instructional videos.
I have the idea he had to do send all the mails manually.
If you contact him, he will be glad to help you.


Thank you so much, remco! (My email had changed since 2013, so I never got the email)
I reached out to Mr. Carney, as suggested.
Appreciate this very much!

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 3rd, 2019, 1:09 pm
by Richard Kaufman
AJM wrote:I resolutely refused to buy any product that used the Revizzit platform.

Andrew


I agree. It set a terrible precedent in our field.

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 3rd, 2019, 2:12 pm
by Pete McCabe
It just goes to show that regardless of the platform, if you buy from someone with integrity like John Carney, he will take care of you.

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 3rd, 2019, 3:30 pm
by erdnasephile
Pete McCabe wrote:It just goes to show that regardless of the platform, if you buy from someone with integrity like John Carney, he will take care of you.


Amen! (He is and he did!)

My thanks to Mr. Carney and to remco for helping get this sorted.

PS: The "Carney 2013" lessons are still available direct from Mr. Carney. https://carneymagic.com/product/carney-2013/

Re: Is Revizzit still working?

Posted: July 3rd, 2019, 8:21 pm
by erdnasephile
I just found out that the one thing I actually did lose was "Laid Back Too: Rough Cut" by Chris Power and JJ. Does anyone happen to have any contact email for either of them please? If you do, I'd sure appreciate at if you could email them on my behalf or PM their email(s). (I don't do social media) Many thanks!