“frenemies” who support and backstab in magic - LVRJ

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.
CraigMitchell

“frenemies” who support and backstab in magic - LVRJ

Postby CraigMitchell » November 17th, 2013, 6:34 am

Las Vegas Review Journal has an interesting article on viewership numbers for Criss Angel's TV special along with this observation:

"Angel is already on the end of more finger-pointing from the magic fraternity (where, I must digress, I have never seen more “frenemies” who simultaneously support and backstab one another)."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-bl ... el-perhaps

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: “frenemies” who support and backstab in magic - LVRJ

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 17th, 2013, 12:17 pm

Ouch!
This:
"Now, Bitter Irony No. 2 comes in the ratings, or lack of them, for Angel’s Spike series “Believe.” The first episode drew about 950,000 live and same-day viewers, compared with 4.3 million for “Sons of Anarchy” that night.

Subsequent episodes haven’t even ranked high enough for “TV by the Numbers” to list it in the top 100 shows of Tuesday nights. On Oct. 29 it was trumped by “Naked Vegas” as well as “Paw Patrol.”
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Re: “frenemies” who support and backstab in magic - LVRJ

Postby erdnasephile » November 17th, 2013, 8:56 pm

CraigMitchell wrote:Las Vegas Review Journal has an interesting article on viewership numbers for Criss Angel's TV special along with this observation:

"Angel is already on the end of more finger-pointing from the magic fraternity (where, I must digress, I have never seen more “frenemies” who simultaneously support and backstab one another)."

I think the author of the article is confused. People dislike Angel because he has allegedly backstabbed people that other magicians support.

Return to “General”