Friendly Greetings

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.
Zach Taylor

Friendly Greetings

Postby Zach Taylor » February 3rd, 2011, 12:38 am

Friendly greetings everyone. I couldn't find an official introduction sub-board so I thought this would be the best place to place an introduction. My name is Zach Taylor, I'm twenty one years old, and a newcomer to magic. I've been exploring for about eight months now, and gravitated to card work because of their portability, as well as the aesthetics and history of cards.

I picked up my interest in magic after visiting Conley's House of Magic in Myrtle Beach, SC. I picked up a couple packs of gaffed cards and a DVD on The Royal Road to Card Magic (which I have since obtained a hard copy of as well). A few weeks later, I got a job at Klig's Kites, just down the boardwalk from Broadway Magic in Myrtle Beach working at the magic counter. Long story short I had a rough stay there, and have since found other work on a farm in Idaho.

Even though I became disillusioned with the store in which I fostered my first taste of magic, I've been steadily pursuing magic itself ever since. Recently I've opened correspondence with a magician from Charleston, SC named David Parker who's been instructing me beyond my haphazard stabbings in to books, and suggested that I look in to joining this forum.

I don't know what I want out of magic yet, and honestly I have no concrete goals, and what few aspirations I've entertained are far beyond my reach. I do know that I have a desire to know more about magic, and I love the sensation of struggling to master technique. My aim here is to learn as much as I can from other magicians, find what magic means to me, and find what gifts it has to offer me in return for my studies.

P.S. Admins: If I've misplaced this thread I apologize. Please move it to its proper location at your nearest convenience.

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Re: Friendly Greetings

Postby Tom Frame » February 3rd, 2011, 9:19 am

Welcome aboard, Zach.

Zach Taylor

Re: Friendly Greetings

Postby Zach Taylor » February 3rd, 2011, 1:08 pm

Thanks very much.

Return to “General”