Peter Loughran's Elevator the Ultimate Street Levitation

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Keng

Peter Loughran's Elevator the Ultimate Street Levitation

Postby Keng » March 3rd, 2003, 11:48 am

In a recent ad from Hocus-Pocus I saw Peter Loughran's "Elevator the Ultimate Street Levitation," advertisement. I was wondering if anyone has seen this levitation and what you think of it?

Bill Duncan

Re: Peter Loughran's Elevator the Ultimate Street Levitation

Postby Bill Duncan » March 3rd, 2003, 6:38 pm

There's a lot of positive feed back on The Magic Cafe about this levi.

Arnie Fuoco

Postby Arnie Fuoco » March 3rd, 2003, 8:09 pm

I viewed "Elevator" on the Hocus Pocus website and what they show you looks suspicious. You never see his upright body levitate. He is hunched over and seems to jump up and remain in a crouched position. Some one who has seen this in person would have to weight in for an accurate opinion.
Arnie Fuoco

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » March 3rd, 2003, 8:48 pm

Or you could visit the creator\'s website...

Postby Guest » March 3rd, 2003, 8:51 pm

Actually the video does show myself and my upper body levitating in some shots, not in all the shots but in some yes. The ones that don't are close up shots of the feet to show you what you would actually see if you were really there.

And yep there are tons of great reviews over at the magic cafe, and here is also link to an unbiased review from over at visions online ezine.

Visions Review click here

Happy floating,

P.

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2003, 12:46 am

The video must have been taken off cause it doesn't come up on either website........if I am wrong will someone enlighten me.

David Mitchell

Postby David Mitchell » March 4th, 2003, 4:27 am

I am in a position to purchase things because I am curious, and this made me INCREDIBLY curious. Living practically next door to Peter made the decision that much easier, so I bought it.

Every single claim that is made in that advertisement, is 100%, the clear honest truth.

When I received my package, I looked at it, and almost started laughing, while at the same time, slapping my forehead and saying why didn't I think of that.

I was performing it a few days later at a walk-around gig I had at a Childrens Hospital fundraiser. The fact that the lights were dimmed about 70% not only helped sell the illusion better, but the shadows under my feet were "enhanced" to make it look like I was higher up than I really was.

If I had a chance to do it all over again, I would... in a heartbeat. This is definitely the work of a creative mind.

David.
David Mitchell

Arnie Fuoco

Postby Arnie Fuoco » March 5th, 2003, 2:49 pm

Thanks for responding Peter. Don't mean to be a pain but let me ask you "Can you start the levitation from a straight up and down position, then levitate and decend while remaing straight up and down?" I went back to view the clips but Norton is correct--they seem to have been removed.
Arnie Fuoco

Chance Wolf

Postby Chance Wolf » March 5th, 2003, 4:19 pm

Arnie,
I received mine directly from Peter and have communications with him throughout. I can tell you that this is an Ingenious, Simple and Reliable method for Levitation. It is something which requires Practice ( God Forbid! ) but is only limited to you and your presentation. You cannot start levitating in a standing position as a set-up is required however I have created a move which is a smooth way to create the set-up and restart in a standing position then you levitate. I have to get it to peter for his Tips Book he is creating ( uugh..so little time )
As a Designer and Manufacturer of Magic myself, I give this 4 out of 4 Stars! It will last a lifetime and I have had a Blast with it! Be confident but ready to practice the effect and you will bu duely rewarded.
Chance Wolf
Success and wealth are symptomatic of your passion.

Postby Guest » March 5th, 2003, 7:29 pm

Thanks for the comments Chance, and David!

Arnie as for the videos, you should have no problem viewing it on Hocus-Pocus. I have a curent problem with my site, but there is a connected dazzle webcast streamed video on my site that you can view attached to the link.

Hope this helps.

P.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”