Escapology , spectators still beliving nowdays it' s really a dagerous performance ?

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
fabricemagic
Favorite Magician: G.Jarrett

Escapology , spectators still beliving nowdays it' s really a dagerous performance ?

Postby fabricemagic » April 9th, 2020, 1:02 pm

Hi evrybody,
The title say all,
Stll our spectators beliving today that Escapology acts still degerous (even when sometimes the danger it' s real, but only WE know this ) ?
What' s nowday cause interest watching a person hanged upsidedown( or not )whit a staightjacket ?
what ' s the danger ?why perform this?
Why we still performing like
" I am doing the most dangerous thing in the world "
Or
"I will die in 1 minute if ...."
Do you really think they belive on this kid of Dramatic presentation?
Still someone beliving in " danger " connected whit a magic performace?
Or evrybody nowdays cleary know and think that it' s just fiction(even when is not)?
Still working that presentation ?
Personally ,
performing the Straightjacket escape I feel more like a juggler that an Illusionist( actually I feel the same doing card manipulation...yes very nice but ...maybe the cards are......you know what they say...)
Still this things fooling seriously , deeply
someone ?
I personally feel " no , no more",
Maybe only Mr. DC 's Upsidedown Staightjacket ,
Thanks for your next comments.
Fabrice

Jack Shalom

Re: Escapology , spectators still beliving nowdays it' s really a dagerous performance ?

Postby Jack Shalom » April 9th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Yes, I think it's still very entertaining. I think the average spec's attitude is, "Of course, he's going to get out alive, but it is dangerous and maybe he'll mess up." I think the spec doesn't understand that the danger is not what s/he thinks it is.

Bob Farmer

Re: Escapology , spectators still beliving nowdays it' s really a dagerous performance ?

Postby Bob Farmer » April 9th, 2020, 3:37 pm

Yes, this is a problem but I think it goes deeper than that: whether they believe there is actual danger or not, if they don't care for the performer, if the performer is a preening jerk, then they simply are not interested.

Penn and Teller had the best solution to this: they invited up a spectator to inspect a trunk, put him inside, locked it and threw it in the river--and that was it. No escape.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”