Alien Fingers at 99-cent stores

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
webbmaster
Favorite Magician: richard Kaufmann

Alien Fingers at 99-cent stores

Postby webbmaster » January 30th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Hi. I wanted to mention that they are selling what is very much like the D-Lite gimmicks for kids at 99-cent stores. They are called Alien Fingers and the difference is they go on the first finger instead of the thumb...but...same thing ! Any kid that ever had these would automatically know how D-Lite works. So if you hear someone yelling "Alien Fingers" or "I have that !", you'll know why. I felt the same way about "Flow Sticks" which was like the Dancing Cane but with really visible and colorful strings. Young ladies getting into acrobatic dance or rhythmic gymnastics would use them. Yeah ! "Flow Sticks". I even saw Professor's Nightmare rope tricks being sold in gum-ball machines. It is a sad state, but we must plow on. Skill is still the best defense. Happy New Year. Year of the Gold Rat.

diagonalpalmshift

Re: Alien Fingers at 99-cent stores

Postby diagonalpalmshift » January 30th, 2020, 2:01 pm

webbmaster
Favorite Magician: richard Kaufmann

Re: Alien Fingers at 99-cent stores

Postby webbmaster » February 6th, 2020, 11:15 am

Ouch ! That hurts. I always revert back to when my act included vanishing cane, milk pitcher and appearing cane...and I thought I was the only one until I bought some old Linking Ring magazines at a convention and upon reading the Ring Reports found that every act started and ended with canes and had the milk pitcher in the middle. I was floored...and I am again !

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”