J. Cornelius Thought trasmitter

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
fabricemagic
Favorite Magician: G.Jarrett

J. Cornelius Thought trasmitter

Postby fabricemagic » April 17th, 2018, 3:55 pm

Hi,
Do you know if on the market there is a new version on the Cornelius Thought trasmitter using the same system?
Especially whitout the battery replacement problem
P.s.
The Tenyo version was a lot better talking about the battery replacement...but the plastic transparent box has never convinced me....the wallet idea is better....
So please let me know if today we have a new wallet version using that great system .
Thanks
Fabrice

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: J. Cornelius Thought trasmitter

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 17th, 2018, 4:03 pm

The plastic box used by Hideo Kato when he created "MindScanner" in 1991 was a common item in Japan at the time, used for holding business cards. Everyone in Japan exchanges business cards when they first meet. So the item was not out of place or "unnatural."

Cornelius took the entire concept from "Mindscanner" without either credit or permission from Tenyo and put it in a wallet.

He did the same thing with another of Hideo Kato's Tenyo creations, "Wandering Hole." It used a board and a pen in two pieces held together by magnets on either side of the board. That became "Pen through Bill," again with neither credit nor permission.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

fabricemagic

Postby fabricemagic » April 17th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Mr. Kaufman you are 100% right I agree whit you (I will just again say Thanks to you about Tenyoism....AAMAZING a must have)
Anyway,
I belive nowdays In Europe or Us nobody carry around that kind of box just as a business cards holder,
So ,
use a wallet instead of a box was not bad in the real world,
Do you know if today on the market there is something that look like a real wallet that use a system like that( better whitout battery problems)?
If no,
what I can use instead of that system(good and quick as that one)
Thanks
Fabrice

Bibliophage

Postby Bibliophage » April 18th, 2018, 2:30 pm

I was there when John came up with the idea for the thought transmitter

The original inspiration was the description of a gimmicked bible with a secret light inside so one could see through envelopes.

Published on page 23 of Nelson’s Encyclopedia of Mentalism and Allied Arts - Copyright 1967.

It had nothing to do with the Tenno item.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 18th, 2018, 8:12 pm

But nevertheless it is essentially the same idea as the Tenyo item, therefore a credit was required.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

fabricemagic

Postby fabricemagic » July 21st, 2018, 11:46 am

Mr.Kaufman I think you are right.
Anyway the Tenyo version has a positive thing " the battery can easy be replaced whit new battery,
Has someone a solution about the battery for the Cornelius version? Do you know is there is something on the market that solved this issue from the Cornelius version?
Thanks

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”