Cresey Mouth Coils...Gone Forever?

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Ray Eden

Cresey Mouth Coils...Gone Forever?

Postby Ray Eden » July 22nd, 2015, 10:59 am

Just went online to restock my Cresey Rainbow Mouth Coils and every shop is reporting DISCONTINUED. Can anyone recommend a place where they still may be available? I'm finding several shops that have single color coils in stock, but I need the Rainbow.

And...is anyone out there filling in gap? I see Uday is selling something, but I have no idea of the quality, and read one review saying the coils were received discolored and moldy.

Cresey and Fantasio products no more? Oh my!

R.

hugmagic

Re: Cresey Mouth Coils...Gone Forever?

Postby hugmagic » July 22nd, 2015, 11:32 am

Try contacting Cressey Directly. They have some stock but when it is gone that will probably be it.
John Reid, the owner, is assessing what to do in face of the major capital investment he must make to continue to make the products.
I can certainly understand that as I am caught in very much the same circumstance.
Richard
Richard Hughes
www.hughesmagic.com

Ray Eden

Postby Ray Eden » July 22nd, 2015, 11:45 am

Thanks Richard.

Doug Thornton
Favorite Magician: David Copperfield, Penn & Teller, Harry Anderson, Derren Brown, Mac King

Postby Doug Thornton » July 25th, 2015, 12:35 pm

On eBay right now - "31 Rolls David Cresey Rainbow Streamers Clown Magician 25 Feet"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161768083651?eu ... xe,ext=ext
Smiles all around
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SAM161CALENDAR/
SAM 161 - The David Copperfield Assembly
https://www.sam161.com/

David Nethery

Postby David Nethery » July 25th, 2015, 8:59 pm

This was the official announcement earlier this year:

Dear Valued Customers,

As of April 30, 2015 we have shut down manufacturing of all Cresey products for the foreseeable future. This is not a permanent termination of our products. It is an indefinite hiatus to take time and figure out how to, more efficiently and effectively, continue to produce our product. John is not looking to sell or transfer any rights, client lists, products, or information at this time.

All products are still being sold on a first come first serve basis at full retail price while supplies last. Yes, there is still product to be sold!

The fastest means of ordering any product left is through our website, www.cresey.com. Our website does not accommodate international buyers and, unfortunately, we will no longer be shipping international orders.

Any questions, or concerns should be directed to our email address at info@cresey.com.

All the best,

John Reid & The Cresey Team

A good lesson to not take anything for granted . "Utility" items we think are just always going to be available aren't necessarily going to go on forever .

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”