Even Pros make Mistakes

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Robert Toomer

Even Pros make Mistakes

Postby Robert Toomer » December 17th, 2009, 7:48 pm

At the risk of starting a war, and far be it for me to critize a working professional magician I would like some coments on the following story. My wife and I were on vacation someplace, although we did not see magic in a working venue we did get to see one performing in a mall promoting his hotel show. As they were setting up the props we were wondering the mall, and went behind the stage and above it onto the second floor. One illusion was open and visable to the audence who would be on the second floor. I said to my wife that a person would be able to see the working seceret, and how the person would vanish, and said "he's not going to perform it that way is he". Sure enough that's what he did, and when the effect was taking place I watched the audence who were on the second floor. They all pointed toward the illusion at that moment. It surprised me that he would perform that way. Also he goofed on another trick. Am I overreacting or should I not care. Coments please and if Richard wishes to pull this thats fine with me, I dont know, I was disapointed with this, otherwise he put on a good show.
Robert TOOMER

Mark.Lewis

Re: Even Pros make Mistakes

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 17th, 2009, 7:57 pm

That reminds me of an eminent lady magician in Canada who is a hardened old pro.
The same thing happened to her in a mall and so Paul Pacific who actually was wearing shoes that day advised her of the situation. Her reply amused me greatly. She said "I don't give a darn". Only she didn't use the word darn. As a most holy reverend man of the cloth I cannot repeat it. Let us simply say that it had four letters and began with " F".

Timothy Drake

Postby Timothy Drake » December 17th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Mark.Lewis wrote:That reminds me of an eminent lady magician in Canada who is a hardened old pro.
The same thing happened to her in a mall and so Paul Pacific who actually was wearing shoes that day advised her of the situation. Her reply amused me greatly. She said "I don't give a darn". Only she didn't use the word darn. As a most holy reverend man of the cloth I cannot repeat it. Let us simply say that it had four letters and began with " F".

Mark I DON'T believe your story.... the part about Paul Pacific actually wearing shoes that is. ;) Impossible!

Barefoot Boy
Favorite Magician: Kreskin

Postby Barefoot Boy » December 17th, 2009, 8:46 pm

Hmm... I may have been wearing sandals that day.
Outward sunshine; Inward joy,
Blessings on thee, Barefoot Boy.
www.mindreader.ca

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 17th, 2009, 10:58 pm

Perhaps it was sandals. The only time Paul wears shoes is when he does a show. And then only reluctantly. As a sideline he is a very skilled psychic reader. He is known among other psychics as "The Barefoot Prophet"

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”