Flash Units

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
smokemist

Flash Units

Postby smokemist » October 1st, 2009, 2:20 pm

My first Flash Burst stopped working after a month or 2. Just received my second one today... It doesn't work at all ! It's going back...
Now, will try Beam Blaze.. since it seems the Flash Bursts are constructed.. ommmm, like crud.

Any experience with beam blaze?

james graham

Re: Flash Units

Postby james graham » May 5th, 2010, 1:06 pm

made a flash paper cannon with copper tube from hobby lobby and a 9v battery. use a model airplane glow plug to ignite a small wad if flash paper which in turn ignites your main ball. how you pack it will affect it's flight. the small wad just gets good contact on the wire, the large ball should fly like a jellyfish not like a parachute as the open side catches the air and causes the ball to curve instead of going straight. a ball the size of a small marble flys about 6 feet. practice in open air, not inside, till you understand your limitations. clean the glow plug after every use, as a second firing will often foul and fail to eject

poboymagic

Postby poboymagic » February 26th, 2011, 4:16 pm

I just wanted to point out that the title of this post is hilarious: "Flash Units." In some states, those will get you arrested.

Umpa Duze

Postby Umpa Duze » February 26th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Hi James,
I often use flash cotton as the igniter as it has a greater chance of contacting the wires on the glow plug. I am very curious about how you clean the glow plug. It would be great if you are willing to share this as my experience is that glow plugs are often temperamental. I have always been afraid to mess with those thin wires.

Umpa
Cheers,
Umpa Duze

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”