Super x plus

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Super x plus

Postby Guest » January 14th, 2007, 6:57 am

Is there anyone out there selling or building the super x plus illusion? I think it is also known as the Harbin Walkaway Suspension.
Any help in locating this effect is appreciated.

Peace,
Elliot

Pete Biro

Re: Super x plus

Postby Pete Biro » January 14th, 2007, 10:55 am

The bestof that type is Blaney's ladder version. However if you want the real Harbin type go to someone like John Gaughan or Bill Smith... they'll build a perfect one.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » January 14th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Thank you Mr Biro.

Postby Guest » January 14th, 2007, 9:59 pm

I performed this in my renaissance festival act for 16 years. I still have the one I built from the original Harbin plans. I made several improvements on the original. If you contact John Gaughan or Bill Smith, please ask them to contact me, and I will supply them with the information at no charge.

Not that I think I know more about building illusions than they do, but I found a few flaws in the original Harbin plans and worked the kinks out over time.

Once you have it, I'll be happy to share information on how I presented it.

Actually, Blaney's other suspension, which he originally called Suspension 2001, is a very good illusion. I think he calls it Suspension 2003 now.

Postby Guest » January 14th, 2007, 11:19 pm

I'd build it myself if I had the plans, but they are not available. I was hopping that I could just buy one like the regular Super - X at Abbott's. :rolleyes:

The Blaney Suspensions are the best.
Nothing can come close as far as I am concerned, especially my checkbook. :eek:
There's the rub.
This is all going to boil up to cost. If I could afford the Ladder Levitation (and all the trimmings) I'd buy a new car. (by order of the wife.)

I'll be contacting Bill Smith and John Gaughan this week as well as a few other builders. It's still gonna come down to the cost of the thing. I may have to settle for a bit less than I would like. Such is life. :)

michaelclayton
Favorite Magician: Mark Wilson, Doug Henning

Postby michaelclayton » January 11th, 2023, 7:51 pm

Who is the Guest that performed this for 16 years and has added some improvements? I'd like to communicate with you concerning your findings. Here is a video that I posted of my friend Dick Williams performing the illusion that he had Abbott's build for him back in the 70's:

Jim Gerrish
Favorite Magician: All real magicians

Postby Jim Gerrish » January 12th, 2023, 7:33 pm

For anyone who owns a Super X Suspension, you'll find nine Demons that need to be Super X-orcised when you are performing with the illusion. They are described HERE for those interested: http://www.magicnook.com/MiniMysteries/MM3-X-XorcismOfTheSuper-X.htm

Note that this information is only available to someone who owns (and uses) a Super X and who can prove it as described.

Edama

Postby Edama » February 10th, 2023, 6:23 pm

michaelclayton wrote:Who is the Guest that performed this for 16 years and has added some improvements? I'd like to communicate with you concerning your findings. Here is a video that I posted of my friend Dick Williams performing the illusion that he had Abbott's build for him back in the 70's:

Thanks for sharing this video. Interesting board handling
www.edama.es --- Instagram @edamagic --- Facebook @magiaedama

michaelclayton
Favorite Magician: Mark Wilson, Doug Henning

Postby michaelclayton » September 25th, 2023, 4:44 am

The Special Board Handling is made possible with Harbin's Super-X Plus.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”