Sealed Milk Pitcher

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Bob Farmer

Sealed Milk Pitcher

Postby Bob Farmer » May 12th, 2021, 9:56 am

Does anyone have a source for a sealed milk pitcher? I have Googled without success. There are sealed glasses but they are too small for my requirements.

Bob Farmer

Re: Sealed Milk Pitcher

Postby Bob Farmer » May 13th, 2021, 8:30 am

Alternately, I'm looking for a sealed milk glass.

I did find this one:

https://www.magictricks.com/milk-glass-sealed.html

However, if you watch the video, the design is all wrong. The top of the glass is obviously sealed with a plastic insert. The insert should have been placed deeper in the glass.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 13th, 2021, 8:56 am

All of this is in aid of some new ideas I've come up with using the milk pitcher principle, a Phantom Tube and some silks, a combination that has not been used before.

David Nethery

Postby David Nethery » November 29th, 2021, 12:05 pm

Hi, Bob,

I only just now saw your post on the Genii forum back in May of 2021 looking for a sealed pitcher. Did you ever find one ?

The only person I know of who might still make a sealed pitcher is Mario Zacchini .He is on
Facebook , which is the only way I know to contact him (I don’t have his email) . If you're on Facebook , search for him. I don’t know for sure that he still makes the sealed pitchers , but he did at one time. You could contact him to see if he would make one for you.

I just remembered that Kovari Magic in England makes a sealed pitcher. http://kovarimagic.com/newitems.html He calls it the Upside Down Milk Jug. Here is an old advertisement of it . The price is now $277.00 , not $72.00 ! I’ve never actually handled this one, only seen the photo attached and read the ad copy.

Image Image

I have some ideas on making one , if you don't mind some DIY work. I'll email you because it's too much detail to post here.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » November 30th, 2021, 7:06 pm

Thank you, David.

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » December 1st, 2021, 12:07 pm

If you aren't confined to using a sealed pitcher and prefer to be able to change and refreshen liquids, including using real milk or other drinkable fluids, you'll find instructions for building your own magic pitcher from Dollar Store (or "Cheapo" Store) parts in our "Dollar Store Magic Tricks" section at The Magic Nook. Bonus instructions show how to make Foo Cans, Lota Bowls, Ghost Tubes, and even Multum in Parvo Plastic (Glasses) to do more than just vanish the liquids you are using.

https://www.magicnook.com/dollarstoreMagic/DS01-02.htm
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

JimKane
Favorite Magician: Shimada

Postby JimKane » December 13th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Does Abbott no longer make these?

I'd give Greg Bordner a call; and if discontinued; see if they won't make one up for you as a special-order.

JimKane
Favorite Magician: Shimada

Postby JimKane » December 13th, 2021, 2:27 pm

Also, you could fire off an email to Alexia at Owen's; and, ask if there might one of these in the remaining Owen Magic Supreme inventory. You can email her at: alanz@owenmagic.com

Good Luck in your search! - Jim

Diego

Postby Diego » March 26th, 2022, 5:32 pm

When I first worked in a sideshow, (Pete Kortes-owner) I quickly learned, a sealed milk pitcher is a necessity. Doing 6-16 shows a day, being able to reset it with just a turn, rather than pouring/refilling it, was a big help. Also kept dust out of it, didn't need interior cleaning. Main problem with the standard milk pitcher was the heat or cold in different locations, (under canvas) could shrivel the liner permanently.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”