TruSleight Manipulation Balls

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Ingo
Favorite Magician: Richard Ross & Fred Kaps

TruSleight Manipulation Balls

Postby Ingo » May 7th, 2021, 5:42 am

Hi!

I am interested in the 2" TruSleight Silicone Manipulation Balls and was wondering if anyone here has a set and can tell me how they compare to the Fakini Balls in terms of Grip, Bounce and visibility of the seam?

I am also interested in knowing how the S**ll is compared to the Fakini, i.e. does it lock around the ball (like the Fakini) and does the colour of the S**ll match well with the other balls?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: TruSleight Manipulation Balls

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 7th, 2021, 10:16 am

You don't have to use asterisks in this forum. We all know what a shell is, and laymen don't come here! :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ingo
Favorite Magician: Richard Ross & Fred Kaps

Postby Ingo » May 7th, 2021, 10:29 am

Thanks Richard!
That´s good to know :)

JonathanNeal

Postby JonathanNeal » September 26th, 2021, 5:59 pm

The TruSleight balls have a shell that matches the color of the ball accurately. The bounce is quite good and the grip is excellent.
In the set that I ordered, I found the seam to be a bit more noticeable than a Fakini set, but perhaps it will wear away with use.
The fit of the shell is tight enough that you can toss the ball with shell and it will remain attached. Depending the type of moves you do, this can be either good or bad. Personally, I found it a bit too tight for my routine.

I also ordered a TruSLeight 2" set and found the shell to be thicker (larger) than a Fakini shell of the same size.

atkinsod

Postby atkinsod » June 23rd, 2022, 3:25 pm

If you go to the TueSleight website, it just says "Coming Soon". I wrote to Howard Blackwell, and he replied that "We decided to discontinue. It took a lot of time and we started performing again quite a bit."
So sadly, it appears that the TruSleight products are no longer available.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”