Dai Vernon performance tapes

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Dai Vernon performance tapes

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2003, 9:42 am

Wasn't someone producing a tape (part of a series of old time magicians) of Vernon from the early days? Any information would be appreciated. Also, are there other sources (besides the Videonics tapes and the 1974 interview tapes) showing Vernon performing...lecturing, etc.

I find it hard to believe that knowone captured him on film, in abundance, in his early days.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Gary

Re: Dai Vernon performance tapes

Postby Gary » January 8th, 2003, 9:31 pm

This would be Volume 4 of THE MYSTIC CRAIG VIDEO COLLECTION produced by William McIlhany. This is about a 12 or 15 minute clip, performance only, of Coins and Glass, Ball and Cone, Cards Up the Sleeve, and part of Balls in Net. Probably some of the earliest Vernon on video tape.

Vernon was on several TV shows performing (one of my favorites was a Dick Cavett Special) and at least a few of his lectures were video taped.

Contact McIlhany at whm@earthlink.net

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » January 9th, 2003, 10:11 am

Also Michael Ammar's Cups and Balls video set has
Vernon performing the Cups and Balls.

Postby Guest » January 9th, 2003, 11:38 am

In 1975 I attended a Vernon lecture in Baltimore. This lecture was videotaped by the lecture organizer whose name was (I think) Frank Richards. Someone can correct me if my memory is not accurate. To my knowledge these tapes have never been made available to the public.

Postby Guest » January 11th, 2003, 8:23 pm

Thanks Gary

I'm trying to locate the Mystic Craig Video Collection and have turned up empty. Is there an ordering address?

Thanks

Return to “Close-Up Magic”