UNUSUAL OUT OF THIS WORLD

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Jim Maloney

Re: UNUSUAL OUT OF THIS WORLD

Postby Jim Maloney » June 18th, 2009, 9:36 am

When you're in the "Full Reply Screen", there is an input for "Subject". That is what will be displayed as the "title" for the given post. Any replies to a specific post, assuming the new poster doesn't enter in anything for "Subject" will take the subject of the post to which it is replying.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » June 18th, 2009, 10:05 am

Amazing how people get things screwed up, or - definitely state things that are simply not so. Good example here. Mr. Sibbersen states in step 1 - Deal four bridge hands and reassemble. WRONG. I do not deal out four bridge hands. While pattering, I deal the four hands but perhaps 3 or 4 cards in each - NOT, as suggested in the above-mentioned post, "four hands of bridge." NO. And, it takes the same amount of time - at least when I do it - as if you simply explained to the spec. to deal bridge hands. And, the main point IS THAT IT APPEARS AS IF THE DECK IS MIXED. Talk about missing a point. Then Paul leaves out that silly step 1 and says "it's much shorter." WHAT? a) it isn't - not when I do it. And b)if it is, what?, for seconds? Sorry folks, but you're all missing the point.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » June 18th, 2009, 10:08 am

PS: I do love one post saying perhaps my Out Of This Universe is a thing to do "for the boys." I'm sure that's so when he does it, NOT WHEN I DO (and not when literally thousands do it for lay audiences ALL OVER THE WORLD (not "Out of"!). Oh, I also love it when people do a "play" on my name. What is the point of that, Mr. Sindy Sanger? HL.

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » June 18th, 2009, 10:47 am

Harry -- you do realize that you posted nearly the exact same thing back in February? (See here.)

Also, Paul leaves out more than the first step. He also cuts out steps 5 and 6, which will definitely cut out more than a few seconds.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » June 18th, 2009, 11:15 am

Hi Jim: You're right, it did all seem familiar. I'm glad you posted that link; I think all should read it. And, you're right again, Paul did omit items 5 and 6, and I think that's wrong. Sorry. All the mixing/shuffling IS THE POINT. It's according to how it's all presented. Best - HARRY.

JSalow
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay

Postby JSalow » June 7th, 2016, 1:38 am

Jeff Pierce Magic wrote:Here's the approach that I came up with based on the original. It eliminates one spectator having to deal all the cards (which cuts the time involved in half), and eliminates the midway switch. It also adds a nice display of the seperated cards at the end.

Feedback would be appreciated.

TWO DEGREES OF SEPERATION by Jeff Pierce

Jeff, if you even get to read this, I know it's been 14 years since you posted this but not a single person gave you any feedback so I will. This routine is awesome. Simple, gets more than one spectator involved, and eliminates the issue with the incongruity of the leader cards in standard OOTW. I love it and can definitely see myself using it in the future. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » June 7th, 2016, 6:41 am

An unusual Out Of This World?

World Class by J.K Hartman, Card Craft, page 386, 1991.

An unusual METHOD?

Subconscious by Ed Marlo, The Gen, no 3, sept 1959, page 82.

It seems that Robert Harbin had a method but I can't find it. Who know where it was published?

Thank in advance.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”